Event for sticker text change

I am talking about the Miro web plugin SDK and its capabilities.

There are multiple events that I’ve successfully used in relation to stickers.

• WIDGETS_CREATED - Successfully fires when I create a new sticker.
  • WIDGETS_DELETED - Successfully fires when I delete an existing sticker.
  • WIDGETS_TRANSFORMATION_UPDATED - Successfully fires when I resize a sticker.

However there does not seem to be any event that fires when I change the sticker text. This is especially annoying because this also applies for the very first edit. So when I create a new sticker, I get the WIDGETS_CREATED event for this sticker. However after I write some text for this sticker, there will be no event. It’s only later, for example when I resize the sticker, that I will catch on to the fact that the text has changed.

Is there an event I can subscribe to that fires when the sticker text is changed? Did I miss something?

If there isn’t any such event right now, are there plans on adding such an event? Knowing when the user changes text on stickers would allow for a much smoother plugin experience that would match the rest of Miro. Constant polling or manual refresh buttons are not a great look.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Kaur Kuut  There isn’t such event. I feel your pain. I’ve registered this with Miro’s platform team as well.

@Anthony Roux :thinking:  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Kaur Kuut,

As Max said we don’t have an event for content changed for the moment. It is part of our backlog to work on our events. I will raise this one to the team and will update the message here when I have more information.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

That is really too bad. @Anthony Roux is there a way to vote for this to signify the need?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I already added your feedback to our insight system, thanks @Marijn Huizendveld 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Anthony

It is a old thread, but I wonder, is there something similar to this logic in the SDK v2.

Because I would really appreciate to get informed, when a widget has been deleted or created.

Thanks

• WIDGETS_CREATED - Successfully fires when I create a new sticker.
  • WIDGETS_DELETED - Successfully fires when I delete an existing sticker.
  • WIDGETS_TRANSFORMATION_UPDATED - Successfully fires when I resize a sticker.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello, @Vladimir B.,

Thanks for reaching out to check about events. At the moment, we support the events listed on this documentation page:
https://developers.miro.com/docs/ui_boardui#on

We do not support the use cases you mentioned as yet. We do have a feature request related to this, and I’d like to invite you to vote for this feature if you have not done it yet here:  
https://portal.productboard.com/bs3msuyjdbfr8dfxd84wngpn/c/37-client-side-events

Please let us know if you need any further assistance or if you have any other questions and we’d be happy to help. 

Thanks and have a good one,

Mira

Badge

Is there a support to subscribe to an event when an external weblink to a particular domain is pasted in the board.

@Mira Balani 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey Praveen,

Thanks for your query. We do not support this feature at the moment, but you can certainly add this as a feature request here: https://developers.miro.com/page/roadmap.

In the meanwhile, as a workaround, you might also want to look at our recently released Webhooks REST APIs that you can probably use to listen to new text widgets created containing certain URLs and write a logic to handle the next steps.

If you’d like to explore and learn more about Webhooks APIs, you can take a look at our documentation here: https://developers.miro.com/reference/webhooks-overview.

Thanks and have a good one! 

Your friendly developer advocate,

Mira

Badge

@Mira Balani  thank you for the quick response. I see the webhooks looks promising for my use case. 
Quick question: Can we limit the webhooks request based on some conditions or will it send all the events from the board ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Praveen Singh good question. At the moment, it’s only possible to subscribe to all events for a board, though it’s a great suggestion to add more flexibility to this. I’m happy to share this with our team.