Skip to main content

Hello all,

I'm in the process of creating a token for my app and using Postman for testing. You can see the relevant details in the attached screenshots.

When I click "Get New Access Token," my browser opens, and I can see that the authentication for my request is successful.

However, when I'm redirected back to Postman, I encounter the following error:

Am I missing a step or parameter, or doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you in advance!

Hi @vkoko 

I see that one of the drop downs says “send as basic auth” but this is not actually basic auth. This is a token based auth. Is there something in that dropdown to set as “Bearer token” 

Could you try again and let me know if that works?  

Hello, @Horea Porutiu 

Thanks for your prompt answer. As my OAuth type I want to have OAuth 2.0 (As i read in documentation Miro supports OAuth 2.0).

I made a small change in Client Authentication and i choose “Send client credentials in body”

Now Im able to create a token!

But when I try to refresh the token I am receiving this error:

“Error: Could not complete OAuth 2.0 token request”

Any ideas for this? 

Hi @vkoko 

Did you try something like this? 

curl --request POST \
--url 'https://api.miro.com/v1/oauth/token
?grant_type=refresh_token
&client_id={CLIENT_ID}
&client_secret={CLIENT_SECRET}
&refresh_token={REFRESH_TOKEN}'

More details can be found on this relevant doc page.

You can try it first via cURL and if that works, then it’s likely something with your Postman settings. That is the easiest way to debug that i’ve found. 

@Horea Porutiu It seems to be working. When I run the command from my terminal, I receive a new refresh token. I’ll review the options in Postman again. Thanks for your support!

Happy to help 🙂 Let me know if you have further questions!