Cant change to Free Restricted SCIM API

• 6 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Im trying to do a script powershell with a function who changes ‘userType’ from ‘Full’ to  ‘Free Restricted’, but it dont work (error 400 ). I tried with PUT and PATCH methods.  If i try to change from ‘Full’ to ‘Free Restricted’ it works properly. Can i have a support? Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Jairo da Costa Barbosa Filho,

The Miro SCIM API does not support downgrades yet, therefore the only possible value for the attribute 'userType' that can be passed for POST and PATCH calls is 'Full'. Downgrading from 'Full' to 'Free Restricted' at the moment is only possible through the Miro Admin Interface.

Badge +1

Hello!

Thanks you for your answer. 

So i will wait for it!

Have a good day!

Badge

My organization would like to have this downgrade option, too. 
Reading the SCIM API documentation, I found the “update user attribute by ID” example to upgrade with string value “Full”. But that is the only value that is accepted! On the other hand, retrieving the attributes via API will show value “free restricted” for those users. This attribute string value can be read but it can not be written. Why not allowing to write a different string value? This downgrade feature is deliberately hidden by Miro. Forcing customer admins to do this manually is not helpful for CX.
@Miro: You should really reconsider this shortsighted profit-oriented decision. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Andri H.,

Thank you for bringing this up! And thanks for letting us know that same feature is important for you as well. We will continue advocating for this internally.

Thanks,

Elena.

Badge

Duplicating my comment from this similar thread: https://community.miro.com/developer-platform-and-apis-57/any-api-to-remove-user-licenses-or-remove-users-from-miro-teams-6447?postid=58373#post58373

Hello, +1 to this request please.

I manage Miro licenses for students at a tertiary college.

We automatically onboard students with Miro licenses when they are accepted to study their course. They may access Miro as part of orientation activities and be automatically upgraded from Free to Full. However, some students later decline or defer their place and therefore do not need their Miro license and should be downgraded to Free Restricted.

These students may be taking a study break, or may have finished the portion of studies relevant to Miro, and may have submitted assessable work to which they (and we) continue to need read-only access, so a deactivate or delete flow does not meet our needs.

This can affect hundreds of students during certain study periods, so manually processing these downgrades is not really feasible. But these users do cease usage of Miro and their license should be released.

Any suggestions, assistance or advice on priority for this request much appreciated - thanks :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Jairo da Costa Barbosa Filho , @Andri H. , and @Jordan Hume 

Thank you for brining this up again, and I understand how important this is to you. I can recommend to reach out to your account manager for this issue, and they may be able to help with requests like this. 

Badge

I see this request is pending for over a year and it is vital we have this automation to downgrade licenses.  It is a huge pain to have someone constantly do the manual monkeywork of downgrades from the Admin panel and really waters down the SCIM implementation.

Many other Okta SCIM implementations we have work correctly, not sure why Miro wont enable this simple mechanism, to be honest.