AreYouAlive app timeout error

  • 8 December 2020
  • 4 replies
  • 378 views

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi, after about 20-30 seconds of inactivity I get this error: Response by token not found .areYouAlive-pzexwRYT0y6q6vo4JdA5 from my app. I understand that this is triggered automatically but don’t understand how or why (since this doesn’t happen in any other ones I made) I don’t get why the token expires. Once this error gets triggered my app will not accept input, sometimes if I try to input something twice it works on the second try and sometimes the app needs a re-launch. Is there something I’m doing wrong, or some way to prevent this from happening?


4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Sami, 

 

We have not been able to reproduce this error. We suspect that it could be related to your browser. Do you still experience this issue? If so, do you also see it if you use a different browser?

 

Kind regards.

 

Daniela

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello Sami, 

 

We have not been able to reproduce this error. We suspect that it could be related to your browser. Do you still experience this issue? If so, do you also see it if you use a different browser?

 

Kind regards.

 

Daniela

Hi Daniela,

 

I’m sorry for not responding for so long but I couldn’t understand what this issue was or where it originated at the time of posting, then started creating a different app, and forgot I have opened this thread. I have since came back and gathered some more information to this issue. the exact errors I’m getting are

 

this triggers prior to app being un-responsive
​​​​

It has to do something with my code / miro calls since this doesn’t trigger  without using the app’s calls towards the board methods

then I get this after about 10 - 15 seconds from the first error

After the Uncaught error the app no longer accepts responses. I tried adding async blocks to certain parts of my code (mainly where I call .board.widgets.update or other miro methods since this was older code and I didn’t understand async JS too good a few months back) but that didn’t change anything. Since the error doesn’t show me a path to my code in console but instead refers me to the SDK JS file I’m unsure how to directly track where this error is originating from or what the cause most probably is, and most importantly what to change or how to combat it. 

 

I’m calling widget update methods in the same way I do in my other apps with which I do not encounter this but just in case I will post code snippets associated with the error below

A code snippet for widget resize, it triggers once succesfully changing the widget width and height, then proceeds to throw the error mentioned above

Again sorry for forgetting about this thread and the long post and thank you for your time.

Sami

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello Sami, 

 

We have not been able to reproduce this error. We suspect that it could be related to your browser. Do you still experience this issue? If so, do you also see it if you use a different browser?

 

Kind regards.

 

Daniela

Hi Daniela,

 

I’m sorry for not responding for so long but I couldn’t understand what this issue was or where it originated at the time of posting, then started creating a different app, and forgot I have opened this thread. I have since came back and gathered some more information to this issue. the exact errors I’m getting are

 

this triggers prior to app being un-responsive
​​​​

It has to do something with my code / miro calls since this doesn’t trigger  without using the app’s calls towards the board methods

then I get this after about 10 - 15 seconds from the first error

After the Uncaught error the app no longer accepts responses. I tried adding async blocks to certain parts of my code (mainly where I call .board.widgets.update or other miro methods since this was older code and I didn’t understand async JS too good a few months back) but that didn’t change anything. Since the error doesn’t show me a path to my code in console but instead refers me to the SDK JS file I’m unsure how to directly track where this error is originating from or what the cause most probably is, and most importantly what to change or how to combat it. 

 

I’m calling widget update methods in the same way I do in my other apps with which I do not encounter this but just in case I will post code snippets associated with the error below

A code snippet for widget resize, it triggers once succesfully changing the widget width and height, then proceeds to throw the error mentioned above

Again sorry for forgetting about this thread and the long post and thank you for your time.

Sami

Pretty much experiencing this exact issue link, I checked if I didn’t reference the SDK numerous times which I did not. And I believe that miro.board.widgets.update() is not deprecated. I tracked down the error to only being triggered by btResize()

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I’m using the latest chrome browser, this shouldn’t be a browser compatibility issue as all of my other apps run correctly, and only this app throws the error described above, the same error occurs in Opera, Safari, Miro app on IOs, etc...

Reply