Skip to main content

I have been using templates in a small scale for a while, creating personal custom templates.
But I have some struggles how to scale this. How are you iterating on templates? When editing templates I see almost no board features at all. For example, Version history.
How are you using custom templates when creating together, or creating new versions?
I only really see one way to achieve this and that’s to have a creators board and do edits in this Board and replicate any latest updates into an actual template.

Thanks for any tips on how you handle this

Hi @Alexander Holmström 

Thanks for reaching out with your question about working with custom templates.

When it comes to scaling and iterating on custom templates, here are a few tips that might help:

As you mentioned, having a centralized creator board for making edits and updates is a great approach. This allows you to keep track of changes and maintain a single source of truth.

While templates themselves don’t have version history, you can create versions of your templates by using the templates or adding it to the board.

Once use template is clicked, all the content will eb recorded in the board history

If you’re working with a team, you can use the creator board for collaborative editing. Share the board with team members and use comments and feedback to iterate on the template. Once finalized, replicate the updated template as needed.

For managing and organizing templates, consider creating a dedicated folder or library where you can store different versions and variations of your templates. This helps keep everything organized and easily accessible.

If you have any specific features or functionalities you’re looking for, feel free to let us know. We can also look into whether there are any updates or tools that could assist with template management.