Answered

Why is my board is locked and how to fix it?

• 17 November 2020
  • 3 replies

We are on a free plan, we have only two boards, and one of them, which we need for a public workshop tomorrow - is locked! We have never upgraded our plan. We have had 30 team members on this board, but we expect more of them. Does anyone know what is the problem and how to fix it?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 17 November 2020, 02:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ana Mitic-Radulovic - If you have:

1. selected the correct team from the left-hand side of your dashboard
  2. selected All boards

3. and only see two board and one of them is locked, i.e., shows as VIEW-ONLY, then something is wrong and you should reach out to the Miro Customer Support team directly right away by creating a ticket via this special form.

It would also be helpful for the rest of the community if you were to come back here and share what the Support team told you.

What to do while you wait to hear from support

There are a number of options, but honestly, they get a little messy. Given that you need to use the locked board, it is not an option to copy the content from the locked board into the unlocked board as the locked board is in view-only mode. 

** NOTE: Only try the following if you’re feeling comfortable with the steps I have outlined **

Essentially you could

1. have someone create a new Miro account with an email address that has never been used with Miro before.
  2. Once that is done, you could invite the owner of the board from your existing account--the board that is NOT locked--as a member of the new Free Plan team that was just created.
  3. Then, that person could use the board ellipsis menu from where it is in the existing team and “Move to account”, moving it to the new Miro team.
  4. Now you should have just one board in your existing Free Plan team (the one you need for the workshop tomorrow) and hopefully it will be unlocked now.

@Robert Johnson Thank you! I wrote to Customer Support and it is resolved!
Best regards,
Ana

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ana Mitic-Radulovic - I’m glad to hear that they resolved it so quickly!