Answered

Why don´t I have a left toolbar?

• 13 May 2021
  • 4 replies

I joined for the first time to a shared whiteboard. Many other had edited, but for some reason I can not. I don´t have the left toolbar, not even the pointer/curson, nor the option to add sticky notes or to use the pen… anything. All I have is the little hand and the change to add comments. Why? How can I solve that?
Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 13 May 2021, 18:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Maria Gabriela -

You may have been granted comment-only (and not full edit) access to the board when the person who shared it with others set up the sharing access. In such cases, you would not see all the usual left toolbar tools.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

In Comment only mode, one should at least have the Pan and Comment options in the left-hand Content creation toolbar:

In View only, there should be no toolbar as you would only be able to pan/move around the board:

This scenario can commonly occur when (a) someone shares a board from a Free Plan team using Anyone with the link → Can view (because edit/comment is not an option on this plan) and (b) the recipient of the board link is not a team member.

hello 

is it possible to move the toolbar position to the right instead of the left? I am using a pen laptop and it is more efficient and less tired to select different features if the panel is just inches close to my right hand. It can become really anoying and tiring if its fixed.

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

hello 

is it possible to move the toolbar position to the right instead of the left? I am using a pen laptop and it is more efficient and less tired to select different features if the panel is just inches close to my right hand. It can become really annoying and tiring if its fixed.

Best regards

@Juan Pablo Velázquez Pagola - This is not possible.

You can submit this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.