Question

When I reopen my diagram, the connection lines have moved. How do I stop this from happening?

• 4 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I have been building a swimlane diagram with lots of nodes and connection lines.  All lines are currently the elbow type.  I’ve noticed when I close the diagram and open it later (even after logging out of Miro), the lines are stretched very high or very low….not at all where I left them.  They are still connected to the correct node, but this is making the diagram difficult for developers to follow.  I’ve even locked the lines and that has not solved the problem.  I’m finding myself spending too much time re-sizing lines.  

Any ideas how to solve this?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jan Eakin - How are you using Miro? (browser or desktop app? OS?)

Does this happen on all boards or just this one?

Does this happen for all users?

If you are using a browser, have you tried disabling all browser extensions?

What happens if you duplicate the board? Does the same behaviour happen in the duplicated board?

Can you share a full screenshot? For example, we can’t see exactly what objects you are using (flowchart diagram objects over a… table?).

Contacting Miro Support

If you have a paid Miro subscription, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

This is happening to me too