Skip to main content

What's the secret to copy/paste? Ugghh!!

• 11 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve read a ton on copy/paste oddities, but still can’t figure out the pattern.

I have a temp board.  I add some stuff, locking some objects and keeping some unlocked.

• When I rubber-band select everything, copy/paste I only get the unlocked objects.  Fine.
  • When I select the frame, copy/paste I get everything (locked and unlocked objects).  Perfect.

When I go to my real board and do the same I get different behavior.

• When I rubber-band everything, copy/paste I get only the unlocked objects selected.  Fine.
  • When I select the frame, copy/paste I can’t figure out what’s getting selected.  All of the unlocked objects and SOME of the locked objects, but definitely not everything in the frame.  For the life of me I can’t figure out how to copy/paste everything in a frame.

Here’s why I want to do this.  I have a board that has sections for different weeks (we fill in a section when we meet every 2 weeks).  I want to export and send the output of JUST the latest weeks discussion to all attendees.  So, my thought is to copy/paste JUST the latest discussion onto a Temp board, export and send.

1 reply

I may have figured this out.  I had frames within one large frame and frames-within-frames seems to mess things up.  So, I deleted all frames and started over with smaller, individual frames.  Now, I can rubber-band select everything, copy/paste (or move all the contents) without issue.