Voting - make it work like it did previously - allow voting on locked stickies

• 20 January 2022
  • 1 reply

I reported this as a bug but it wasn’t agreed to be one.   However, it is a “make it work like it did before the new voting UI” item.   I use voting on several boards and the items are locked to avoid them being accidentally changed or moved.   In previous versions of voting, that worked fine.  It no longer works as of the UI change in voting - all items must be unlocked to be able to be “selected” as part of a voting session.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Steve Spearman -

While it affects voting, I believe this is because the selection of objects for voting uses the standard selection logic which skips locked objects. It is the same if you just try to select a set of objects, some of which are locked. You can vote on locked objects but you need to click on them directly rather than selecting a board area - unfortunately when you do this you can’t add any other unlocked objects to the selection set.

I’d suggest adding a wish list idea here to provide more control around the selection process: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron