Urgently needed Mirroring of objects

• 6 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  • Experienced Community Member
  • 743 replies

Hi folks,

I’m working on a project and I really need to mirror an object and it’s so frustrating to me … that it takes so long with workarounds in miro … because I know it’s fast and easy in other programs possible:

Lucid does it … and the objects could be added with shadows and more …

Please @Mironeers … it would be great if we could see this:

Please community vote for it here:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/flip-a-shape-horizontally-mirror-feature-157/

Michael

7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi, mlanders! I see what you mean: there’s a rotate tool, but not a mirror tool...

BUMP

Mirror Tool would be epic. The amount of time it’s taking me to re-configure an image to fit an exact matching pattern for my graphics and clothing designs is becoming too much to handle.

Miro! Please add a Mirror Tool to this AMAZING platform. Thank you!!!!!!

Your sweet and cuddly, 

-The Vested Realtor

i need the same exact feature for work 

-   pleas help ! 

Userlevel 2

Hi Michael

FWIW - I mirror images in Miro quite a bit. I agree an app would be nice (and I’ve suggested it to my students . . . let’s see). But still the additional effort using PowerPoint is negligible. I copy the object as an image, paste it in PPT, use the Align-->Flip Horizontal or Align-->Flip Vertical, then copy and paste it back into Miro. Time elapsed: probably less than 20 seconds.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Ken

Hi Michael

FWIW - I mirror images in Miro quite a bit. I agree an app would be nice (and I’ve suggested it to my students . . . let’s see). But still the additional effort using PowerPoint is negligible. I copy the object as an image, paste it in PPT, use the Align-->Flip Horizontal or Align-->Flip Vertical, then copy and paste it back into Miro. Time elapsed: probably less than 20 seconds.

Hope this helps

Cheers, Ken

This is good if you just want the image.  I want a shape that still has the ability to put text inside (and auto-fit the text).  I can’t find a way to mirror or rotate the shape while keeping the text right-side up.

This is good if you just want the image.  I want a shape that still has the ability to put text inside (and auto-fit the text).  I can’t find a way to mirror or rotate the shape while keeping the text right-side up.

A work-around is to use a composite (grouped) shape.

• Place the custom shape (or rotate it as you want).
  • Place a rectangle over the top of the custom shape, with border blank and fill blank.
  • Group the two shapes together.

I also wish there was a way to flip images and shapes both vertically and horizontally.