Answered

Upgrading to a consultant plan

• 7 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I´m fairly new to Miro and currently on the free account although looking to upgrade to the consultant account. 

I’m a (private) language teacher and will be using the boards to enable my classes to collaborate on projects and submit written work. So far, I´ve used it with two groups (8/9 students in each) and I’m sufficiently impressed to pay for an account to allow me to create more boards for more groups.

I believe the consultant plan is the best for my needs, however, when I try to upgrade I see a message that I have 17 members on my team and need to remove some before upgrading.

So my questions are

1. How do I remove the team members from boards I have already created and shared?
  2. Will I need to send my students a link each time they connect? (I plan to “frame” each lesson, so the students will keep coming back to the same board and link.)

Many thanks in adance 

Chris

icon

Best answer by its.eric 7 April 2021, 11:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, 

I´m fairly new to Miro and currently on the free account although looking to upgrade to the consultant account. 

I’m a (private) language teacher and will be using the boards to enable my classes to collaborate on projects and submit written work. So far, I´ve used it with two groups (8/9 students in each) and I’m sufficiently impressed to pay for an account to allow me to create more boards for more groups.

I believe the consultant plan is the best for my needs, however, when I try to upgrade I see a message that I have 17 members on my team and need to remove some before upgrading.

So my questions are

1. How do I remove the team members from boards I have already created and shared?
  2. Will I need to send my students a link each time they connect? (I plan to “frame” each lesson, so the students will keep coming back to the same board and link.)

Many thanks in adance 

Chris

Hey Chris, seems like it’s a YES for (2): you can “frame” each lesson so you can have students come back to the same board and link. The down side is that as the board gets large with multiple lessons, you’d need to get students to focus on the correct starting frame. It’s not a dealbreaker but could be a hassle if you have 20 lessons on the same board and you’re starting each lesson by clicking on the “Bring everyone to me” feature.

REF: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013358479-Attention-Management

Hi, 

Thanks for the prompt response and advice regarding large boards with multiple frames. 

My students are all adults and some use Miro in the workplace, so I’m hoping that by giving each frame a date, common sense will prevail (famous last words!), however, I can see how it may become cumbersome. Maybe 1 board per term (12 classes) would be better.

In any case,  I think 1 link per term would certainly be better / easier than 12. 

I found the answer to number 1, as per usual, the very moment after I posed the question.:rolling_eyes:

Thanks again!

Chris

Userlevel 1
Badge

Happy to hear you got it sorted out! :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Chris Buffey - Good morning from central Canada. A few things to note:

While it sounds like you already figured this out, for the other readers:

Add/Create a new team vs Upgrade

Another option you have is to use the Add teams (+) icon from the dashboard:

Once this is done, you can just move (or Duplicate and then move) whichever boards you want from your Free to Consultant Plan team.

Will I need to send my students a link each time they connect? (I plan to “frame” each lesson, so the students will keep coming back to the same board and link.) 

Initially you will need to send them the link, but if they all ready have a Miro account, they can Star the board and find it again from their Starred boards page of their Miro dashboard:

Hi Robert, 

Thanks for the input and tip on “starred boards”, I´ll mention it to my students.

Chris