unable to set preview area

• 21 April 2022
  • 5 replies

I am trying to set preview area and I only have the option to upload a file.  I do not see the “select preview” option.  is there a setting I need to change?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ryanmc -

How are you trying to set the preview area? If you do it from the dashboard “...” menu, it only gives you the option to upload a file, but if you do it from the board view, it should give you that option (see below).

Kiron

Thank you for getting back with me Kiron.  I have tried that but for some reason the hyperlink to select preview area does not appear.  I can’t figure out if it’s a permissions issue or a setting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ryanmc - My first thought whenever a UI element isn't showing up is that either a browser extension is interfering with it or the cache may need to be cleared - that's is, assuming you are accessing Miro with a browser. 

What happens if you try the Miro desktop app?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @ryanmc,

Alyona from Miro Support is here for a moment 👋

Are you by any chance using Safari when trying to select preview area? If this is the case, I'm afraid this option is not supported in that browser. Feel free to set it in our Desktop app and another browser of your choice.

@Robert Johnson @Alyona thank you both for your support.  @Alyona that was the issue.  I was using Safari.  Switched to Chrome and problem solved.  Thanks again.