Answered

Unable to Create Miro Board / Team

• 27 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I was invited to Miro, and put into two different teams. My profile doesn’t have premium.

For some reason I now cannot create a board of my own, as I can’t “escape” the teams I’m on - each time I try to make my own board, it assumes I’m doing it as part of the other teams, rather than a personal board?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 28 April 2021, 00:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jamie Bridges - You should be able to leave these teams. Once you have left all teams, Miro should prompt you to create your own Free Plan team.

Thanks Robert, I appreciate this solution, although this is a smidge frustrating (though entirely understandable, as I’m using this wonderful product for free). Looks like I’m going to have to twist my manager’s arm to purchase the product!

Best,

J

Hi! 

I had the same issue since I wanted to have my own board for one of my project. I saw in the help section that I had to leave the teams I was invited to and I did so.

But I’m still not able to create my team, my screen is block with this message that ask me to join my last teams.

Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Félissa

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Félissa - From your screenshot, I suspect you are on the Business or Enterprise Plan and your Miro account was created under a corporate domain.

You could try creating a new Free Plan team using another email address and then add your work email as a team member, but I’m not sure if it will work if your work profile is attached to a Business or Enterprise Plan. But give it a try if you’d like as it shouldn’t break anything.

1. Create a Free Plan account using some email address that you have never used with Miro - go to miro.com/signup - NOTE: You may need to do this outside of your corporate work due to single sign-on (SSO).
  2. Then click on the Team settings button:

3. And then Active users → Invite new members and add your work email:

If this works, now you will see this new team on the left-hand side when you sign into your Miro account with your work email address.

Thank you @Robert Johnson for your answer!

I finally ask a colleague that wasn’t on any team to create the new team and invite me and it worked fine.

You’re right that one of the team I was in is an entreprise plan, that might explain why it didn’t work with my own account (even if I left it..) still weird.

Have a great day and thanks again!

Félissa