Answered

Transfer board ownership out of my team (client hand-off)

• 31 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I was doing some freelance work for a client and I shared a board with them. When I left the project I transferred ownership to the product manager and left the board. Now I have started using Miro for something else I see it is still on my boards list and using part of my free board allowance. It seems I had created a “Team” called Annie Streater (not something I had realised I did at the time, I thought it was just my personal account) and all my former colleagues seem to be in this “team” and can access that board. I have a free account, I’m pretty sure they were using free accounts as well (this was months ago, I don’t know if they regularly use Miro). 

What can I do so that the product manager retains ownership but the board is not in my “team” anymore?

Preferably I would rather do something that doesn’t involve me having to contact them and ask them to do a bunch of stuff 6 months later, but if I absolutely have to I’ll ask her to just make a copy if she still wants the info. 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 1 April 2021, 03:04

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Annie Streater - If your client is still currently a member of your Free Plan team, and is a member of another Free Plan team, they should be able to use the Move to account option to move the the board from your team to their team - they must also be a the Board owner to complete this action. But if they are not, they can first duplicate the board and move the duplicate to their account.

Example - I am a member of multiple teams:

I can move one of these boards that I own to another team: