Tracing specific comments to the user.

• 10 August 2022
  • 8 replies

We have a Miro board that is open to a large group. is it possible to trace a given comment on the board back to the person that made it?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Edward Saenz -

Absolutely - if you click on the Comment (see below) or view the list of comments in the Comments panel, you will see the authors:

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Edward Saenz - Since you did not specify the how the board’s Share settings are configured or who all has access to it, it is worth noting for all readers that you would see the account profile name of the commenter for team member and Guests, but not Visitors (unless they have a Miro account and are signed in).

Also, keep in mind that you will only be able to see the name they used for their account profile, e.g., “Rob Johnson”, and no information to uniquely identify them, e.g., email address or user ID. So, if they changed their Miro account profile full name to “Santa Claus”, that is what you will see.

Thank you.

Hi! Can we also filter only one user’s comments?

By that I mean, instead of clicking a comment and seeing who made it, I want to input someone’s name, and see only their comments.

thank you

E

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Eric Forest I'm not sure if Super Search supports comments (I've never used it to search for  comments) but you can filter on creator/last modifier. So it might be worth checking it out?

https://miro.com/marketplace/super-search/

@Henrik Ståhl 

I gave it a whirl. It doesnt let me search comments. I guess that we could switch to sticky notes...but that comes with some other issues. But I didnt know about the marketplace, so I will look for other options.

thanks again

Eric

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sorry to hear it didn't work, hope you'll find another solution! If not, you can always post a Wish List idea. 🙂

trading platform online