The Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts are not working on iPadOS.

• 13 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Are other people experiencing the same issue?

Copy and Paste are also not working,

even though they used to work fine.

5 replies

I am having the same issue - just started using Miro though, so it could be user error. 

Magic Keyboard will type into a text box on the board (so I know it is connected and being recognized by Miro Board), but won’t copy or paste from the board to the same board.  

Hi I experience exactly the same issue. Magic keyboard and IPad Air, keyboard works fine for writing text, but shortcuts do not work (for example copy-paste). Anyone any idea what the problem is? Thanks.

Same issue here, maybe Miro App or Web version does not support the full key bidding for bluetooth keyboard in iPad. I hope they add the support soon. Miro is useless without that in tablet.

1. Check Bluetooth Connection:

• Ensure that your Bluetooth keyboard is properly paired and connected to your iPad. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and make sure your keyboard is connected and listed.
  2. Keyboard Battery:

• Check the battery level of your Bluetooth keyboard. If the battery is low, replace or recharge it as needed.
  3. Update iPadOS:

• Ensure that your iPad is running the latest version of iPadOS. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates and install any available updates.
  4. Reconnect the Keyboard:

• Disconnect and then reconnect your Bluetooth keyboard to your iPad. Sometimes, simply turning off the keyboard and turning it back on or unpairing and repairing it can resolve connection issues.
  5. Restart Your iPad:

• Restarting your iPad can help refresh system settings. To restart, press and hold the Power button until the slider appears, then slide it to power off. Once off, press and hold the Power button again to turn it back on.
  6. Check Keyboard Settings:

• Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Hardware Keyboard and make sure the settings are configured correctly for your keyboard.
  7. Reset Network Settings:

• In some cases, resetting network settings can resolve Bluetooth issues. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will also reset your Wi-Fi, cellular, and VPN settings.
  8. Check for Interference:

• Ensure that there are no strong sources of interference nearby that could disrupt the Bluetooth connection.
  9. Test with Another Device:

• If possible, test your Bluetooth keyboard with another compatible device (e.g., another iPad or a computer) to check if the issue is specific to your iPad or the keyboard itself.
  10. Contact Apple Support:

• If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may want to contact Apple Support for further assistance, as there could be a hardware or software issue that requires professional help.Tech

I have the same issue on an iPad Pro 12.9“ with M2 Apple Silicon Chip (latest iPadOS 17.2) and my directly (not via Bluetooth) connected Apple Magic Keyboard.

The Keyboard works fine in any other app but like the others here mentioned, Command-C and Command-V for a simple copy/paste of objects on a canvas don‘t work. This is for the Miro app and for the web browser version using Safari.

None (!) of the above proposed steps helps. And the last step – contacting Apple Support – is hilarious!

Cmd-C and Cmd-V work very well in many other apps. But just not in yours! So fix the bug, please!

😡