Skip to main content

Hi there, 

Hope you’re all suitably wonderful. 

I’m having an issue where my text keeps changing to white despite what I try. 

Examples:

• I created a new text box, the text defaults to white, I change the text colour to black, type a letter and it imeadiatly reverts to white. The letter I’ve just typed is white.
    I copy and paste a text box and the text is white, I highlight all the text and select the black text colour and nothing happens. 

I’ve done a little googling but I just keep on getting articles on how to change text colour, which I’m already doing. Would anyone have any advice/a fix/ a reason this happening? 

Hi @Joeyissickofusernames 

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I wasn’t able to replicate this but perhaps you are not selecting the text box as well as the copy? This article describes how to change colors on shapes. 

But it’s possible that you want to copy& paste the same style between objects? If so, try this:

Hey, 

I’ve created a Loom video that shows the issue. 

@Joeyissickofusernames 

Huh. This is indeed quirky. I was not able to replicate this.

I went ahead and created a Support ticket for you; someone will get in touch with you. Once you’re able to resolve the issue, let us know what the fix was, so that this can help others if they have the same issue in the future.

@Joeyissickofusernames & @ElvaMiro - I was able to reproduce this earlier today, but have not been able to since. I noted in your video that it happened when you selected a Brand Color as the font color, so I tried that, too, and that’s when my text object background color also changed to same color as the font.

Thank you so much for looking into this. 

@Joeyissickofusernames & @ElvaMiro - I was able to reproduce this earlier today, but have not been able to since. I noted in your video that it happened when you selected a Brand Color as the font color, so I tried that, too, and that’s when my text object background color also changed to same color as the font.

That hadn’t occurred to me! I just did some experimentation and it looks linked to this.

As you can see in the video below:

• Choosing non-brand/standard colours seemed to work fine including Black
  • Most of the Brand Colours work fine
  • However, selecting the second option in Brand Colours which was Black led to to the colour reverting to the previously selected colour!

So, it seems I have a work around, so that will stop me from losing my mind and allow me to get back to work. :D 

Fantastic spot @Robert Johnson

​​​

@Joeyissickofusernames - Nice!

I would suggest that, if you haven’t already, you reply to the support ticket with these additional steps and Loom, as they are very clear and detailed 🙏