Answered

Teams & board visibility

• 15 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,

is there a way to change the visibility and accessibility of the board for the team? I have a team of several members but not all boards should be visible for all team members.

Can you tell me how to proceed here?

Thanks!

Best,

Wenzel

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 15 December 2020, 22:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Wenzel Mehnert - To ensure a board is private, there are a number of settings to check:

1. Team level
  2. Public level
  3. Board level

The public setting, i.e., “Anyone with the link”, is import because, even though you may have set the team level access to “No access”, Anyone with the link literally means ANYONE and overrides the team level access.

Additionally, you will want to ensure that any Project that you add a board is hidden and that you are are the only user in it:

One last suggestion that I like to make to Miro admins is to set the default Board and Project sharing to only the Board and Project owner. This means that not everyone will see ALL of the boards and projects being created - it keeps everyone’s dashboards’ cleaner’:

Hi Robert, 

thank you for your help. I tried that but it’s not working.

When I invite someone to work on the board, I have to add them to the team. Then they see all my boards. Although all my boards are set to “only owner can access”, a normal team member can also access the boards. 

I also suggested to add all my boards to one project, but it still doesn’t help and any team member can easily click on “all boards” and see and access all the boards that I have.

What am I doing wrong here? Any idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Wenzel Mehnert - Re:

I also suggested to add all my boards to one project

Since you mention “project”, you therefore have a paid plan. What plan type do you have/are a member? Team, Business, Consultant, Education, or Enterprise?

Dear all, I wonder if there would be a way to make it clearer as far as the Teams are concerned. Whether you are new to Miro or not, I find it difficult to manage Teams and Board Visibility. I understand the various things that you need to check but it is quite a lot and it is a bit tricky to make a clear distinction between the Miro Team, the project Team, the Board Team...I get a bit confused about the term “Team” and what it stands for, since its definition varies depending on where you are in your Miro. I wonder if the technical Miro experts could work on that point: make it clearer for Miro users as to what is the team/ who is in the team. Perhaps that when you see your list of boards with you as the owner (on the home page with the grid display), you could also see who is a member of the board (just before the section as “you” as the owner)? (if it is too difficult to put the identifier (the initials) for each member on the grid display, perhaps at least the number of people who can access the board. It would give you an idea of whether your board setting is right or not). Just a suggestion, but I think some work could be done to make Miro more effective and easier to use in terms of team and board visibility.

Best wishes

Céline

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Céline Sabiron - I 100% agree! It finally took writing everything out in a document to make sense of it all - account profile, team/space, team members/users, projects, team member/owner/editor/guest editor/anonymous guest editor/team admin/company admin/occassional user, board/team/public access, different places to set up/edit/remove permissions/users/teams depends on the plan/etc.