Team plan - Can I have colleagues as guests/visitors?

• 14 December 2021
  • 5 replies

At the moment we are using a free plan and there are a total of 9 colleagues listed as team members, of which only 1 or 2 actually make edits to the boards themselves while the others only need view/comment rights.

I can’t seem to find whether I can get a team plan for 2p and assign a guest role to all the other colleagues, or that it would automatically need a 9p team plan. In the ideal situation I’d like to just keep the entire team as is so that they can view newly created boards, where I can assign the guest roles to the majority of the members and add the paid editing features to two of them.

Is this possible, or am I missing something? :smile:

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mathijs Sterrenburg -

Yes - with Miro’s paid plans, you can have free Visitors who have virtually full edit access (there are a few exceptions listed here https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-visitors) but if most of the team members don’t need edit access then you can have them as view & comment only “named” users as well.

As far as licenses go, we have had no issues with moving the full edit access capability between different named users.

Kiron

That’s good to know, thanks!

I’ve just checked to upgrade to the team plan, but this does require me to delete 7 of the users out of the team/ from the boards entirely. I don’t see any option to swap their roles to view & comment only instead. Is this a matter of kicking everyone out, upgrading the plan, and then re-inviting them on the board as visitors?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mathijs Sterrenburg -

That should work - remove them as full users and then add them back in with view/comment access.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Another option available would be to create a new team using the Add teams action:

Once done, you could move/duplicate any boards from a Free Plan into this team and add team members/visitors as required.

A benefit of this method is that it keeps your current Free Plan intact. which can be used as a place for new Miro users to try it out with the team before purchasing a paid license/seat on your Team Plan team.

Awesome, thanks for the quick replies guys. This’ll do the trick :-)