Question

Swim Lane

• 7 September 2022
  • 6 replies

I am new to Miro and currently working on creating workflow using swim lane, can someone please guide me as how we can border each swimlane, since there no borders it becomes difficult to distinguish one lane  from another

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Deepali Parikh -

Could you provide more details of your issue as swimlanes do have boundary lines and you can also color each swimlane row to distingush it (see below).

Kiron

Thank you for the quick response, I would like to create a border between blue swim lane and yellow Swim lane (basically a border between 2 rows)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Deepali Parikh -

There’s no built-in way to do this, but you can fake it by adding a swimlane in between the two real lanes, shrink it to the minimum height and then color it (see below).

Kiron

Thank you so much Kiron I will try that .

Hi Deepali,

To highlight the swim lane border, please select all swim lane (Ctrl +1),  then you will get the filter option (as shown in image) , then select the tables option and you are ready to highlight the border as per your choice of color. 

Hoping this will help :) 

Hi there, new to Miro. This older question is similar to a question I have, so hopefully someone gets notified that I’m adding here!

Is it possible to change the thickness of the swimlane border? I know you can change its color, or add a new row and shrink it down (as Kiron showed above), but I’m really just looking for the ability to make swimlane borders thicker (all around - not just between rows).  This functionality exists in other similar products, so if it doesn’t exist in Miro I’d like to submit a wishlist item. Thanks!