Answered

Stop another user from screen sharing

• 9 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone, 

We are just getting our sea legs with Miro and one issue that came up is when I was working with a group on a board and another user accidentally triggered a screen sharing session without realizing it and began dragging the rest of us all around a board, causing confusion. I was there as a board owner, and the other user was there as an editor. 

Is there any way for me to override or forcibly stop another user from creating or initiating a screensharing session? Permission wise, the ideal would be for the people I have invited to collaborate to still be able to add sticky notes and type on the whiteboards but leave initiating audio/video/screensharing sessions to the board owners/facilitators.

Thanks for your advice! 

Kathryn

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 9 December 2020, 18:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kathryn Wolterman - There is no way for you to disable/stop a board Editor from starting their screen sharing or using the Bring everyone to me Attention Management feature. If the user did start a screen sharing session, then everyone would have had to click “Join”, so perhaps they actually used the Bring everyone to me feature. This would probably be best handled with education/training.

As a tip: If someone does this “by accident”, users can press Esc or click anywhere on the board to get out of ‘following’ session.

If you would like the ability to disable any features as a board owner, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Thanks Robert! Yes, they all did click join but did not realize what they were joining. It’s our first time collaborating on the tool with our clients so as you noted, training will be paramount. Great to know about the Esc press disabling the session!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kathryn Wolterman - You’re welcome!

Just to be clear, the Esc key will get users out of the immediate “yanking” away from whatever they were doing should another Editor on the board use the Bring everyone (or a specific user) to me feature.

However, if a user joins a screen share session, they will need to use the Leave buttton:

1. User clicks Join:
  2. Then they will have to Leave: