Sticky notes covering or being covered?

• 3 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I have noticed when using the brainwriting template that when I change the size of a sticky note on the bottom right side of the template it will over lap other sticky notes.  But when I change the size of a sticky note on the top left side of the template it will move underneath the sticky notes surrounding it. 

Why does this behavior occur?

Can I control this behavior so the opposite happens?

Can I control this behavior so it only overlaps?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mrmichael - This is due to the way objects are layered on the board. You can change their layering order by using the Bring to front or Send to back feature:

Move objects between foreground and background

All objects on the board are placed relatively on top of each other. Though layers are not currently supported in Miro, you may define the order of the objects by using the options Bring to front or Send to back. To access the options, open an object's context menu and click the three dots. You can also use shortcuts PgUp, PgDn (for Windows)/ fn +↑, fn+↓ (for Mac). Note that the options are not available for frames as frames are always placed behind board objects.

mceclip0.png
Defining the order of objects

Source: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018109574#h_01F8S778RTNBYQ4VRJQ6JGY0VE

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mrmichael -

The order in which objects are created will dictate their default “layer” so sticky notes created later will show up on top of those created earlier if they are overlapping. As @Robert Johnson has indicated, using the Bring to Front or Send to Back will allow you to modify the layer position.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@mrmichael :

For ideation an a group I mostly use the Sticky-Note Bulk mode - The first example of the link:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404066687122-Miro-for-ideation-brainstorming

I mostly do this without screensharing in a moderation style and ask the participants whats coming in their mind and that they should tell this and I write it down - this really works perfect

Michael