Skip to main content
Answered

Sticky note reserve

• 8 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, i’m wondering how to create a sticky note reserve so that people interacting with my board can use them indefinitely. 

I know there is one on the left hand-side of the screen, but I want to embed it in the frame. 

Thank you. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@SISM -

I’m a little confused - how is clicking and dragging a sticky note from an infinite sticky note pad any different than clicking and dragging stickies from the toolbar?

In any event, another option is to create a sticky note, lock it, and then have folks use Ctrl-D (duplicate) to take a duplicate of it.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SISM - To start, there is a template called Stickies Packs that you could add to your board and duplicate as needed:

Duplicate existing blank sticky note

Another option--albeit, requiring training/discipline on behalf of your users--is to have them hold the Alt key when clicking-and-dragging an existing sticky note. This is the shortcut to duplicate an existing object (as is Ctrl/Cmd + D - see all Shortcuts and Hotkeys).

Create a bunch and stack them directly over each other

You could create a bunch of stickies, select them all, and then alight them vertically and horizontally so they are directly over each other. Then, as participants grab one, it appears like they are endless!

In this short clip, I am

1. Using Shift + drag to select all of these stickies
  2. Using Ctrl + C/V to copy and paste a bunch quickly
  3. and then selecting them all and using the align tool to stack them:

If you have a paid plan, you could create a custom template of as many stickies as you would like.

Here I am saving my new stickies as a custom template:

And if you don’t have a paid account, you could keep templates like these way off in the corner of one of your free plan boards and copy and paste them as needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Then, after you have stacked them, you can copy and paste and re-stack easier. Here are 360 stickies stacked: