SSO issues - being made to login every 30 minutes

• 3 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Why am I being made to sign in every 30 minutes now with SSO? I thought it was just my organisaiton but it's also happening to our clients so it must be a Miro issue.

Fan Feng 3 years ago

Hi All -

Some good news! Last week we increased the session idle timeout interval from 30 minutes to 90 minutes . Ideally this interval would be customizable and we are actively working on allowing Enterprise customers to be able to set their own session idle timeout intervals.

Please leave any feedback you may have about the new feature in the changelog thread. Stay tuned for updates about when customizable timeout intervals will be rolled out!

Best,

-Fan

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nick Ffrost - Have you or someone in your organization open Miro Support & Help Center ticket? If not, I would suggest that you do as SSO issues can be quite difficult to troubleshoot without digging into your organization’s specific implementation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nick Ffrost,

Could you please clarify if the Session Idle Timeout feature is enabled on your account? It might be the reason. Please note that it is the Admin who can enable/disable this feature.

I think one problem here is that Miro only offers 30 mins as an option for admins. Our Information Security team requires a timeout so we have to use the one offered. We might be allowed to use 2, 4 or even 8 hours, if Miro offered it.

Has anyone found other products that do something similar to Miro? This 30 minute session timeout, is terrible and people aren’t going into Miro to review and contribute to boards as frequently anymore. Our security department says that the timeout can be longer than 30 minutes, but we have to have some sort of timeout enabled, so we’re stuck with the 30 minute option, which is the only one Miro offers.

Agree with the above. 30 mins is far too short and is leading to a terrible UX experience for my team and I.

The UX for SSO login is pretty bad, and this only exasperates it.

Why does timeout have to be 30 minutes? It genuinely impacts team productivity because Miro is something we have ‘always in the background’.

We talk about this in our organisation. The 30 minute timeout is a pain for those who use Miro often but not for hours at a time, i.e. most people referring to documents.

Similar to the other commenters, disabling the timeout feature altogether is not an option in our organisation for security reasons.

Agree with those above. It is so annoying to have to keep logging in. 30 mins is not long enough, but my organisation requires some sort of timeout 6-8 hours would be great.

Userlevel 1

Hi All -

Some good news! Last week we increased the session idle timeout interval from 30 minutes to 90 minutes . Ideally this interval would be customizable and we are actively working on allowing Enterprise customers to be able to set their own session idle timeout intervals.

Please leave any feedback you may have about the new feature in the changelog thread. Stay tuned for updates about when customizable timeout intervals will be rolled out!

Best,

-Fan