Splitting Development and QA in Estimation App

• 2 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I am familiar with the estimation app in Miro… however, we set our tickets up to split out Development Points and QA points and they automatically add up to the total story points in Jira.

Is it possible in the estimation app in Miro to gather 2 estimates for the same ticket (1 for Dev and 1 for QA)? I can do this manually obviously, but would rather have it integrated if possible.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kyle Wilz -

The estimation capability as well as the separate planning poker app are unable to do this, but could perhaps clarify why these are being split as one of the benefits of sizing the whole work effort for a work item is to create shared understanding across the team about the relative ease or difficulty of completing it. Also, if you wish to move towards a T-skilled team, maintaining dev & QA siloes in this manner might make prolong that process.

Kiron

I am familiar with the estimation app in Miro… however, we set our tickets up to split out Development Points and QA points and they automatically add up to the total story points in Jira website.

Is it possible in the estimation app in Miro to gather 2 estimates for the same ticket (1 for Dev and 1 for QA)? I can do this manually obviously, but would rather have it integrated if possible.

Hey, I wanted to chime in on this topic as it relates to splitting development and QA in the estimation app. I have some knowledge about the estimation app in Miro, and while it's great for overall story point estimation, it seems like the original poster is looking for a way to gather separate estimates for development and QA within the same ticket.

To the best of my knowledge, the estimation app in Miro doesn't have built-in functionality specifically for splitting estimates between different stages like development and QA. However, there might be a workaround you can try. You could manually add two separate estimation fields within the ticket, one for development points and another for QA points. This way, you can have distinct estimates for each phase, although it would require manual input.

Alternatively, integrating Miro with Jira could be a potential solution. Jira allows for customization, so you might be able to set up separate fields for development and QA estimates within Jira, and have those values automatically reflected in Miro.

I hope this helps!