Skip to main content

Hi all, 

I love the ability to embed and edit draw.io diagrams directly in Miro. This allows us a great deal of interoperability between different tools. 

I’m experience an issue with this though, which might be related to our setup and configuration, or more simply a little bug, so asking for advice here if others are experiencing the same. 

Currently when adding an hyperlink in a draw.io diagram on Miro,  this is not rendered in the Miro visualisation of the diagram. I’ve tried using a Text element and adding the hyperlink via the menu, I tried adding the link to a label on a shape or by adding the link directly to a shape, but they all have no effect on the Miro visualisation. 

The hyperlink is saved in the draw.io diagram and when re-opening the diagram for editing the hyperlinks are shown correctly while in edit mode, but as soon as you “save and close” they are not visible or clickable. 

Thanks for your help with this!  

Hi @Marco Bartolini 

Thanks for sharing your experience and kind words about the draw.io integration with Miro! We’re glad to hear it’s adding value to your workflow.

Regarding the issue with hyperlinks not rendering in the Miro view of the diagram. It sounds like it might be a glitch or a limitation in how Miro currently handles embedded draw.io diagrams.

I’d recommend double-checking your browser and Miro app for any updates, and trying the steps below to troubleshoot the issue, as these can sometimes resolve unexpected issues.

1. Log in on a different browser
  2. Log in using your browser’s private (incognito) mode. If the issue is not reproduced in incognito mode/another browser, clear your browser cache.

How to clear Chrome cache

3. If you’re using VPN, toggle it off/on.
  4. Check with your IT department if your company uses firewalls or a proxy that may block Miro. Follow these guidelines to allowlist Miro or provide a bypass.
  5. Check your Internet connection. If your network bandwidth doesn't reach the minimum of 8 Mb/s, switch to another, preferably faster network.

If that doesn’t help, it might be worth reaching out to Miro’s support team directly to see if they have any insights or workarounds.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I hope it gets sorted out soon!

Thanks @Eca

I‘ve now tried several combination of browsers and incognito modes to no effect. I’ll reach out to the support team. 

Cheers