Answered

Sharing Customer Templates

• 2 February 2021
  • 2 replies

I would like to share my customer templates with users who are not on one of my teams, but have their own account or are a member of another team.  Doesn’t anyone have an easy way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 2 February 2021, 22:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Theresa Heitman - Yes, there is an easy way to do this with any paid/Education plan using the Board Content Settings. Any Miro account user (free or paid) can then make a copy of any board that you want to share with them.

Do the following:

1. Set the board’s sharing settings to Anyone with the link → Can view
  2. Also while in the shar settings, click on the Shring settings link:
  3. In Permissions, set Who can copy board content to Anyone with the board access

Then sent the board link to whomever you want to be able to make a duplicate copy of the board to their account.

Once they are on the board, they can click on the board title and then the duplicate button:

To try it, make a duplicate of my Getting to Know Miro board:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_kl4Sue4=/

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Theresa Heitman -

As shared templates cannot be accessed by other users unless you give them access to a team containing those templates, the simplest way to do this would be to create a new board, drop in all the templates you’d like to share, back up that board to a local RTB file on your computer, send that RTB file to the users and they can restore a duplicate of that board within their (paid) accounts. They can then create templates from the different components within that board.

If you don’t mind giving them direct access to the board containing all the templates, you could also share it view-only with them and (assuming the team and board content settings permit this), they could duplicate that board within their accounts.

Kiron