Answered

Set font attributes to specific words in a shape

• 15 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi - I’ve a shape on my board which reads “Start” and immediately underneath it (but in the same shape) I want to add some context like “Customer wishes to top up their account” in small text (like 6pt vs the 12pt I’ve used for the word “Start”). I expected to be able to select the text I wanted to apply this specific treatment to, apply the changes and for it to just change that selected text - but it seems to apply to the whole shape.

Needs to be part of the shape really as I want that text to stay with the shape as it moves. Granted I could create new text and GROUP it, but that’s too complex / long-winded.

Misunderstanding of how to use it on my part or a feature not yet developed?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 15 December 2020, 21:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Matthew Bellamy - Miro shapes/sticky notes don’t support multiple font attributes in a single object.

One workaround could be to use the Grids feature, but it is kind of finicky.

If you would like to see the behaviour you have described be developed, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Matthew Bellamy - I just realized that it would probably be easier to group two shapes together, with each having their own font size. I used two different colours in this example, but if they were the same colour and didn’t have a border, it would give the appearance of being one shape.