Answered

Set a fixed dimension of a board

• 25 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I’m going to use a board asynchronous with beginners.
I will include the Navigation Mode-video https://vimeo.com/318988801 to support them to understand how to use and navigate the board.

But I have question:

Is it possible to set a fixed dimension on the board, meaning that a user can’t zoom out and get “lost space” and loose track of the board.?

I know that I can use frames and zoom 100% and fit to screen functions to help the user to get back to the content in the board. But in the same way as I can set a start view. Is there a way to set the start view as the most zoomed out view? Or any other way of set a fixed dimension of the board so that user are not scrolling/zooming or panning away from the content?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 25 March 2021, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@honkenen -

Miro boards are intended by design to be an infinite sized canvas so there is no native method of doing this. What most people do is to artificially simulate it by creating a large rectangle around the area which they want folks to stay in. You can have fun with that and put another large rectangle around it in a teal color and put a few images of sea dragons in that space along with the inscription “Here there be dragons” :grinning:

Kiron

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Kiron Bondale
Thanks for your reply!
Yes, I know that Miro boards are intended to be infinite, but I was just checking if there was a “solution” to that…

I checked in the IconFinder-app in Miro, and I found and added some dragons and snakes to my board.

Thanks for the idea.

//Johan