[RESOLVED] Windows App is crashing immediately

Hi there,

Windows 11 app is crashing after opening any board. This is an issue after the update, I guess two days ago.

Anybody experiencing the same issue?

Alyona 1 year ago

Hey everyone,

Our team just released a new version of the Desktop app (0.7.12.) that potentially can resolve the issue you all experience. Currently, it's only available on the website

Please delete the previous version from your devices entirely and then install the new one. Let us know if this helped, or the crushing happens with the latest version too. Thanks!

View original

35 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for all your input!

@ozgurkalan am I right to understand that by workaround, you mean launching the desktop app without being connected to the monitor?  

@Rich Turner, would it be too much to ask you to try that too? 

Thanks for all your input!

@ozgurkalan am I right to understand that by workaround, you mean launching the desktop app without being connected to the monitor?  

I did. And also reinstalled, cleaned the registry etc. I will get a new PC next week. I will try on a fresh install and let you know.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

In case any of you are willing to try, our developers found a way to get the logs accompanying the crush that are supposed to be stored on your PCs. Here're the steps:

• find Event Viewer app
  • open Windows logs  / Application
  • try opening the Miro app
  • find an error related to the Miro app and share information from general and details tabs with us.

Even more detailed description can be found here. If you don't feel comfortable sharing the results in this thread, I'll be happy to create a ticket so you can send the files as a reply to it.

Hi @Alyona, for event viewer I started Miro APP. It crashed first. No events displayed. Then restarted the app and now it is not crashing anymore. So weird. Before sending this I’ve given three more shots. App is working unexpectedly fine. FYI.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey everyone,

Our team just released a new version of the Desktop app (0.7.12.) that potentially can resolve the issue you all experience. Currently, it's only available on the website

Please delete the previous version from your devices entirely and then install the new one. Let us know if this helped, or the crushing happens with the latest version too. Thanks!

Hello, just to say the new version works fine! So far so good. 

FYI I use a 4k laptop and occasionally connect to a HD monitor, but I wasn’t using the monitor when I had the issue.

Thank you for solving this, the app is much appreciated. Best wishes

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Steve Morris, @ozgurkalan, @Rich Turner, @Darren Terrell.

The new version (0.7.12.) released last Friday doesn't crush for @G Salani. Did you have a chance to try it out for yourself already? Curious to see if it will resolve the issue for you too. 

I was using Microsoft Store version and had the same issue on Win 11 although everything was working fine on the browser. Uninstalling and reinstalling Miro from Microsoft Store didn’t help fixing the issue. But uninstalling and installing the Desktop version from https://desktop.miro.com/platforms/win32/Miro.exe fixed the issue.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Alyona, the new update seems to have fixed the problem so far!

It is working for me now also.  Thanks.