[RESOLVED] Some users cannot reorder Frames

I can not rearrange the order of my frames at the sidebar.

How can I do it?

Not in list view not in Thumbnail

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

Response from Miro support:

Thank you for following up! This is Brianna from the Miro Support Team stepping in for my colleague Fara to assist you further with visitors rearranging frames!

Thank you for bringing it to our attention that the "Collaboration with visitors" article doesn't mention that visitors are unable to rearrange frames. I can confirm that this behavior is expected and by design.

I have been notified that the "Collaboration with visitors" help center article will be updated to include this restriction.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Magdalene70. What happens when you try to reorder your frames in the sidebar?

@Henrik Ståhl : Nothing, i can not move it. I can click it and the frame is shown but can not reorder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Magdalene70 Are you using computer, tablet, or phone? Because it’s currently not possible to change the order of frames on tablet or mobile devices.

If you’re on a computer, are you using the desktop app or browser? If browser, which one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Magdalene70 -

Also, to add to Henrik’s questions, does this happen with all boards or just one board in particular?

Kiron

@Henrik Ståhl , @Kiron Bondale :
I work with an desktop. 

With a different board it is working :-(

This was a good hint.

I´d like to do it on the shared board.

In my account it is working as Owner. I do it at work as invited user as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Magdalene70 - If you duplicate the board where the reordering doesn’t work, can you reorder in the new/duplicated board?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Magdalene70 -

The other thing you can try if duplicating it doesn’t fix the issue is to create a new (empty) board, and copy & paste all the assets from the old board to the new one. Note that you may need to unlock all of the assets in the old board for this to work properly.

Kiron

I use 2 different users. So in the one were it is working I am the owner and in the workaccount I am not owner. As owner it works and as user not.
Thanks all for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I just did a test from my Consultant Plan, and team members and Guests can rearrange frames – Visitors, i.e., Anyone with the link → Can edit, cannot.

I assume this is by design, however, I see no mention of this limitation in the Visitors help center article. I will open a support ticket to confirm the intended behaviour.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Response from Miro support:

Thank you for following up! This is Brianna from the Miro Support Team stepping in for my colleague Fara to assist you further with visitors rearranging frames!

Thank you for bringing it to our attention that the "Collaboration with visitors" article doesn't mention that visitors are unable to rearrange frames. I can confirm that this behavior is expected and by design.

I have been notified that the "Collaboration with visitors" help center article will be updated to include this restriction.