[RESOLVED] Some font typefaces not exporting to PDF (high quality, vector)

Hi there!

I have never had this problem before, but today the fonts are not exporting from Miro to PDF. Does anyone know how to fix this? I already installed the used fonts, but it's still not working.

Thanks, Niels.

Alyona 1 year ago

Hey everyone, 

Alyona from Miro Support is dropping in for a moment 👋

The fix for this bug was just released. Please don't forget to sign out and back into your profile to ensure you're using the latest application's version. 

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Niels Willems - I was able to export this board using Export this board → Save as PDF to both Small and Best quality (results attached). The font is OpenSans.

The board resides in a Consultant Plan and I am using Chrome on Windows 11 (64-bit).

Can you share some more details on your setup, the exact board content/object types, etc.?

@Robert Johnson Hi Robert, thanks for the fast reply! I just tried again and the font comes through when I export it to small size. I'm using the app on Windows 10, but it doesn't work on Chrome. There's just some text and pictures on the board.

I just tried to download other boards and that also doesn't work. I have never had this problem before and I have been using Miro for almost 2 years.

When exporting to a high quality PDF, some font typefaces are not carrying over to the PDF, e.g., Bangers and Graduate (see above).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Niels Willems - I have opened a Miro support ticket for this issue. Please update this post with what the support team tells you.

Hi guys,

I am experiencing the same issue. Kindly update the forum for my sake too.

Danny

I'm very disappointed with their answer… I can't believe that they're not going to fix this issue. 

Ksenia (Miro Support & Help Center)

May 18, 2022, 13:28 GMT+5

Hi Niels,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and reporting this! I'm truly sorry that you've faced this issue.

I'm afraid that this problem is a known one; however, our Development Team has notified us that it is not going to be worked on in the nearest future due to the complicated nature of the exporting functionality. The issue was identified but the solution will take too much time to get solved within Q2 of 2022.

We are bringing our sincerest apologies for the caused inconvenience. I do understand how important the seamless experience is for you when exporting your boards in Best quality (Vector) PDF, so I've shared your case with our developers additionally. Please, be assured that we will notify you if the relevant task will get any details.

Please, let me know if there is anything else we can do for you here - we are always here for your assistance. 

Best regards,

Ksenia
Miro

This is MASSIVE for me — and many users in my organisation.

Having been so impressed with the tools Miro have made available and as a long term user and promoter of Miro, I have moved much of my collaborative / design process into Miro and rely heavily on being able to export to PDF to produce high quality outputs for our clients.

At the very least, in the meantime, I need a list of fonts that WILL export successfully to PDF.

Thanks dev team — I appreciate the ‘complicated nature of the exporting functionality’ — but this worked just fine yesterday.

Please tell me I don’t have to go back to making creative content in Google Slides and Adobe Creative Suite and that I’ll continue to be able to use Miro in the way that I’ve become accustomed.

Please, please upgrade this to a priority issue.

Many thanks,

Martin

Having been so impressed with the tools Miro have made available and as a long term user and promoter of Miro, I have moved much of my collaborative / design process into Miro and rely heavily on being able to export to PDF to produce high quality outputs for our clients.

At the very least, in the meantime, I need a list of fonts that WILL export successfully to PDF.

Thanks dev team — I appreciate the ‘complicated nature of the exporting functionality’ — but this worked just fine yesterday.

Please tell me I don’t have to go back to making creative content in Google Slides and Adobe Creative Suite and that I’ll continue to be able to use Miro in the way that I’ve become accustomed.

Many thanks,

Martin

I echo Martin’s sentiments. This is a critical feature that greatly effects whether or not I will choose miro over other platforms.

I feel your pain, Martin...

It doesn't make any sense that they wouldn't fix a critical feature like this. I am very confused. 

Many thanks,

Martin

I am behind Martin and other users on this issue, this is absolutely critical for our operations.

Please make this a priority bug to resolve.

Pip

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I absolutere agree.

@Ksenia if you are daring enough to share your code, i would be willing to investigate, as this is of some importance to me.

Best regards

Falk

Good news guys, they are working on it as we speak! See Ksenia's answer below.

Niels,

Ksenia from Miro Support team is following up with an update here. 

I'm afraid that there's been a confusion around this issue - we are bringing our sincerest apologies for it. However, I have some good news to share with you here - I'm glad to tell you that our engineers are currently investigating this bug and working on a fix for it. Please, be assured that they'll do their best to get things back to normal for you as soon as they can. 

We'll definitely keep you updated on the progress. Please, bear with us! 

Best regards,

Ksenia
Miro
Check out our Help Center | Join Miro Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Niels Willems - Thanks for the update! I have pinned your reply.

Many thanks,

Martin

I echo Martin’s sentiments. This is a critical feature that greatly effects whether or not I will choose miro over other platforms.

Couldn’t agree more with Martin and Scribbin here. Strange that this was working all this while and suddenly doesn’t seem to.

We and many other Miro users would value this being a priority issue to be fixed.

In anticipation, thank you Miro Product and Dev. teams.

Warmly,

Ash

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey everyone, 

Alyona from Miro Support is dropping in for a moment 👋

The fix for this bug was just released. Please don't forget to sign out and back into your profile to ensure you're using the latest application's version.