[RESOLVED] Smart Meetings - no follow

Userlevel 1

I am testing Smart Meetings (looks promising) but when I ‘Start’ the meeting and move on to the next frame the participants do not follow automatically - I have to use the ‘bring to me’ feature. Is this a bug or a problem with how I am setting this up.

Nick_Miro 1 year ago

Hi @Mark Outhwaite,

Thanks a lot for bearing with us!

Our developers have just fixed the issue, and the app is now back up and running for all users. Please check if you can open it smoothly now and let us know if anything goes wrong, we'll be sure to keep the investigation going.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused!

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 1

Further detail - the ‘follow’ breaks when a participant engages with a Board - so they add posits for example. Just as it happens now after you do a ‘bring to me’ and they engage. When you move to the next board you have to do another ‘bring to me’

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mark Outhwaite Interesting, I haven't encountered this. Was actually planning to do some Smart Meeting related experiments later today, I'll see of I can reproduce your error then!

Userlevel 1

@Henrik Ståhl thanks. I have also logged it as a support ticket but would be useful to get confirmation. It is a really useful feature but only if the follows happen automatically whether a participant has interacted in a frame or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mark Outhwaite I just tested it and it’s the same for me, it seems like it has stopped working as intended. 🙁

Userlevel 1

@Henrik Ståhl Here is the response from MIRO support:

Thanks for sending the video!

I could see, that the participant of your smart meeting session isn't logged in. Thus, this is expected behaviour when they don't auto-follow as you switch between frames. 

Only board editors (team members OR guest editors) are considered as meeting participants and can auto-follow facilitators.

Since you are on the Consultant plan, please invite your participant as a Guest. After that, once you start the smart meeting, the User will automatically follow as you switch frames. Even if any sticker is created by the user before you switch the frame.

To invite a guest:

1. Enter their email in the board sharing window and select their permission level - Can edit.
  2. When editing is selected, choose to add as Guest. Please note, that guests must be signed into Miro in order to access shared boards. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mark Outhwaite Thanks! That's interesting, I wasn't aware of the fact that Smart Meeting only works with logged-in users. Would be nice if it included all participants in a board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mark Outhwaite - This is all working for me (Consultant Plan). I am curious as to where the support team is getting their information as the Smart meetings Help Center article does not define “participants” as only being “signed in user”: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408834812690-Miro-Smart-meetings-BETA-

I can find no mention too of Visitors not being moved to the next frame - this also working for me.

My main account on the left, and an incognito/Visitor on the right:

Or maybe I am complete missing the ball here (I’m only on my first ½ cup of coffee).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Robert Johnson Intriguing! I did the exact same thing yesterday (i.e, “simulated” an anonymous participant in an incognito window in Chrome) but it didn't work at all for me. The Visitor was completely unaffected by the Smart Meeting functionality.

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson The issue is when a participant who is not logged in interacts with a frame - for example adds a post-it note. At that point they no longer follow to next slide when using the next button on Smart Meetings control. I am also on consultant plan..

But as I run big workshops across a range of organisations where most people come in as participants without a MIRO account Smart Meeting functionality does not work for me sadly at this stage

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mark Outhwaite When I tried it yesterday, it didn't work even though I didn't interact with anything as Visitor. It simply had no effect at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

When the visitors stops to add a sticky note, and even moves around the board, when I move to the next frame, they are moving with me:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Robert Johnson & @Henrik Ståhl - A/B testing going on, perhaps 😉?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kiron Bondale More like A/B/C testing. 😂

Userlevel 1

@Henrik Ståhl @Robert Johnson Update from support:

This is Nick from Miro!

I've just received an update from our Tech Team - the main requirement to be a participant in a Smart Meeting is to have Editing rights. Therefore, Visitors with editing rights should be brought to the next frame automatically when you (facilitator) switch frames. Consequently, the current behaviour is a bug. The team is aware and already working on fixing it.

We'll let you know once it's been fixed!

All the best,

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Mark Outhwaite,

Thanks for sharing that! I was about to post here.

Once there is an update, I’ll let you know in the ticket as well as leave a comment in this thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mark Outhwaite @Nikita Granin Nice, thanks! 🙌

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Mark Outhwaite,

Thanks a lot for bearing with us!

Our developers have just fixed the issue, and the app is now back up and running for all users. Please check if you can open it smoothly now and let us know if anything goes wrong, we'll be sure to keep the investigation going.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Wohooo, thanks a lot @Nick_Miro and the dev team! 🙌