[RESOLVED] Not seeing 'Link To' Option

• 16 November 2020
  • 11 replies

Hello, my coworker isn’t seeing the option to 'Link To' in the right-click/three dots dropdown for options. She sees the option to ‘Copy Link’ but the linking out isn’t there. She has a paid account and is a contributor on my board. One thing that’s odd though is her initials show up in the upper right as a current board viewer but her mouse says she’s a guest. Not sure if this is some permissions issue.

Robert Johnson 3 years ago

I just received notification from Miro support that this issue has been resolved - both anonymous & signed in guest editors now have access to the Link to action.

The release including the Link to feature being available for the Guest Editors in the drop-down menu just went live. I tested it on one of my boards and it's there! ?name=inline129178437.png

Let us know if you come across any further questions – we’ll be happy to help!

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Matt O'Donnell -

How is she accessing the board - it sounds like she might be doing so using the Anonymous Guest Editor access? If so, I just tested and it looks like you can’t link to objects in Miro when accessing a board using that method even if the board has been shared with full edit access for anonymous guest editors.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Matt O'Donnell - I just did a few tests and confirm that, when I access a board as a Guest Editor, the Link To option appears to be missing. While I cannot specifically remember doing this as a Guest, I believe you and cannot find any reference in the Guest Editor help article to suggest that they shouldn’t be able to.

First, a workaround: Your coworker can use the Ctrl/Cmd + K shortcut to open the Link to object prompt.

Next, please reach out to the Miro Customer Support team directly by creating a ticket via this special form.  I would suggest including a link to this post too.

It would also be helpful for the rest of the community if you were to come back here and share what the Support team told you.

@Kiron Bondale Thanks for reaching out! I believe she’s accessing the board from the anonymous link even though she’s logged in. I’ll suggest opening the board from her dashboard view to see if that helps.

@Robert Johnson Thanks for reaching out! My initial thinking is the shortcut won’t work but I’ll update you on this when she tries it out. I’ll for sure update here once I find a solutions. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Matt O'Donnell - I tested copying a link from an object using Copy link, using Ctrl + K to link that object to the first one, and this worked for me - both as a signed-in and anonymous Guest Editor, so it should work for her too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Matt O'Donnell - And because I am a curious cat, I opened a ticket with Miro support and will report back here.

As a signed-in or completely anonymous guest editor, the "Link to" option is missing from object's context menus, e.g., sticky note. However, the "Copy link" is there and I can get to the "Link to object" modal using the Ctrl + K shortcut, so is the fact that the "Copy link" option is missing a bug or is this a gap?

Awesome, thanks @Robert Johnson sounds like it’s one of those two since you can use the shortcut.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Most recent update from Miro support:

I was able to reproduce the flow you've described and also checked with the tech team whether the Link to feature isn't supposed to be accessible for Guest Editors or not. Since the Cmd+K shortcut still works, that means that you most probably caught a bug.

The team will now take a closer look and investigate the case further. We’ll be sure to update you once we fix this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update: This bug is still present.

@Alyona - Any updates? (this is related to ticket ID # 233948).

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Robert Johnson,
No updates from the team yet, but let me check with them whether there is an ETA or other news about this bug. I'll update you here once I hear something from them (hopefully soon) :slight_smile:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Robert Johnson, I have an update for you!
Team is investigating the issue in the current sprint, which means that if all goes well the fix might be released in the nearest future. But as always with such cases, you never know.
What I can tell for sure is once the fix is live, either I or someone else from the support team will update you in the ticket :raised_hands:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I just received notification from Miro support that this issue has been resolved - both anonymous & signed in guest editors now have access to the Link to action.

The release including the Link to feature being available for the Guest Editors in the drop-down menu just went live. I tested it on one of my boards and it's there! ?name=inline129178437.png

Let us know if you come across any further questions – we’ll be happy to help!