[RESOLVED] Miro Desktop App stuck in "Send to this display"

Badge

The windows desktop app is not showing an option for logging in to my account. I only see the prompt to “Send to this display”. I can log in online, but there is no way to log into the app. Usually I see a login button on the top right of the screen.

Sophia Chia 10 months ago

Hi all! Apologies for this 🙏, the development team has just applied a fix today, so it should be working the way as expected now! 

If you still see the same screen (for interactive displays), please go to “Help” (Note to Windows users: Press the Alt key to show the menu bar) and then unselect “Public device”. 

cc  @Robert Johnson @Andre Bonfante @Eric Berridge @Nick Whiteley @mevans_edsa @Jody Beth Lee 

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mevans_edsa - From where and when did you download the desktop app? Was it from here → https://miro.com/apps/?

And which Windows version exactly?

Are you by chance tethered to an interactive display at the moment, e.g., HDMI cable connected from your laptop to a TV?

Badge

Hi Robert, I have been getting the same thing today. I downloaded the Windows 64-bit version. I downloaded it this morning (say, an hour ago) from the same page you provided and clicked on the 64-bit link identified in your screenshot. And no, I am not using an interactive display at the moment: I am just using my laptop connected to a standard (noninteractive) desktop monitor.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nick Whiteley - I just reset the desktop app data, uninstalled it, downloaded the 64-bit version again, and am able to log in (Windows 11 laptop). The only thing I can think of is perhaps you have a touchscreen laptop and that is tripping up the app? (Due to bug, of course.)

Do you have a paid Miro subscription? If so, have you opened a Miro support ticket? (Instructions on how to get to the support form are here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C )

I am a regular user of the Miro Desktop application (installed in my Windows Operating System) (v2.1.12.0) and for the past 2 days I have been experiencing this issue were the Login button is no longer available and there is no navigation option for me to sign in. Somehow I got “stuck” in this “Send to this display” page (which normally would show but at least I would be able to click the login button). I am still able to use Miro through the Web Browser normally but I miss having the ability to use the desktop app..

Please notice the issue persists even if I close and reopen the application or if I restart the computer.

Same problem here, and it only started happening sometime in the past week. The desktop app simply displays the “Send to this display” screen.

I’ve tried everything I can think of to resolve this. I've uninstalled and reinstalled from each of the sources (miro.com/apps, 64 bit and 32 bit, as well as MS Store) with the same results each time. And before you ask, NO, I didn’t use the installer under “Interactive Displays” - I used the one under “Desktop.” After uninstalling I even removed the “RealTimeBoard” folders from local/roaming in %appdata% to be sure everything was clean. I couldn’t find any miro settings to blast in the Windows registry I would have tried that, too. The only option I’ve got is to use the browser.

@Miro Support Team can someone help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Eric Berridge - Do you have a paid subscription? If so, you can open a support ticket by following these instructions → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C )

Understanding your setup

While we wait for the support team, I have a few other questions that they also may need to understand in order to find the root cause:

1. OS - So far, it seems that only Windows users are reporting this issue. Which version of Windows are you on? (Windows key + pause break should take you right to the System → About screen.
  2. Does your laptop have a touchscreen? If so, you could try disabling the touchscreen (note:  always only make changes in your Device Manager if you are comfortable doing so!).
  3. What make of laptop to you have?
  4. Are you connected to any external display by cable and if so, is the external display touchscreen capable?
  5. Is there a touchscreen capable display that on the same network as you? E.g., at the office, we have touchscreens on our wi-fi network that connect using Cisco Proximity.

Those are the only questions I can think of right now.

I am using Windows 11 Enterprise (v10.0.22000 Build 22000) and it is a Dell Latitude 5530 with touchscreen. I only connect to the monitor using a HDMI cable and do not have any trouscreen capable devices in the same network.. It is really strange the problem seemed to start for no reason 2 days ago (I am a daily user of the Miro desktop for months). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Andre Bonfante - I opened a support ticket under your profile - you should have received an email notification about this.

It would be helpful for others watching this post if you could please let us know what the support team tells you. Thanks in advance! 🙏

@Robert Johnson  I’m having a similar issue.  Dell Mobile Precision 7750 with Win11 Enterprise 22000; 2 external displays, one with a touchscreen and one without. 

Failure started earlier this week (noticed 6/14/2023); separate laptop system I have with same OS version and same version of apps (updated/removed/reset/repaired/uinstall/etc) does not have the failure/behavior. 

@Eric Berridge - Do you have a paid subscription? If so, you can open a support ticket by following these instructions → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C )

Understanding your setup

While we wait for the support team, I have a few other questions that they also may need to understand in order to find the root cause:

1. OS - So far, it seems that only Windows users are reporting this issue. Which version of Windows are you on? (Windows key + pause break should take you right to the System → About screen.
  2. Does your laptop have a touchscreen? If so, you could try disabling the touchscreen (note:  always only make changes in your Device Manager if you are comfortable doing so!).
  3. What make of laptop to you have?
  4. Are you connected to any external display by cable and if so, is the external display touchscreen capable?
  5. Is there a touchscreen capable display that on the same network as you? E.g., at the office, we have touchscreens on our wi-fi network that connect using Cisco Proximity.

Those are the only questions I can think of right now.

@Robert Johnson 

Thanks for the reply. I opened a support ticket and Miro Support is already on it. To answer your questions:

It’s a tower, not laptop. Two 4k monitors, neither has touch capability.

No touchscreens on the network.

@Robert Johnson Today I launched Miro and it updated to v0.7.34, and the problem is resolved!

Userlevel 4

Hi all! Apologies for this 🙏, the development team has just applied a fix today, so it should be working the way as expected now! 

If you still see the same screen (for interactive displays), please go to “Help” (Note to Windows users: Press the Alt key to show the menu bar) and then unselect “Public device”. 

cc  @Robert Johnson @Andre Bonfante @Eric Berridge @Nick Whiteley @mevans_edsa @Jody Beth Lee 

have received positive behavior on my side as well after another uninstall/reinstall process 👍

I was able to get it to work again after uninstalling and reinstalling! Thanks @Robert Johnson for engaging with the development team to get this bug fixed!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I was able to get it to work again after uninstalling and reinstalling! Thanks @Robert Johnson for engaging with the development team to get this bug fixed!!

I reached out to a support team member who engage the larger team who contacted the project team – it was a team effort! 

I’ve got the same problem on MacBook. Have uninstalled and installed back many times. I only use it on my phone and laptop and they’re not connected. Even more, I haven’t changed anything in the application. Can anybody help me please? igorteacher@icloud.com