Answered

[RESOLVED] Jira (and regular) cards don't show description field when I zoom

• 17 November 2023
  • 4 replies

When I zoom in on my Jira cards I’m expecting to see the description appear but instead I just see the same fields get larger! Is there a trick I’m missing? Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 20 November 2023, 23:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Cathryn Irwin - Good catch. I can not longer see the description text on Jira cards, or regular/non-Jira-synced Cards. I will open a Miro Support ticket to inquire if this is a bug or intended change and will update this post as I hear back from the support team.

BTW, if you have a paid subscription, you can open a support ticket by following these steps:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Miro Support Team:

I used to be be able to see a card’s description when zooming in on it, e.g.:

However, this no longer happens:

Tested in latest Chrome and Miro desktop app on Windows 11 64-bit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Reply from Miro support:

The behavior you currently experience with Jira cards is expected. Some changes were made to the UI of all Cards available in Miro, so now the description and the full card title are not displayed if you zoom in - there's a need to open the card details to see the description. These changes were implemented to Jira Cards as well.

Hello,

Is there going to be a setting developed to reverse this change? The old way was much more useful in my opinion.

Having to now open the description of the card is just an annoying extra step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello,

Is there going to be a setting developed to reverse this change? The old way was much more useful in my opinion.

Having to now open the description of the card is just an annoying extra step.

I would suggest that you submit a Wish List post to request the zoom-to-expand option be returned.

You can learn more about Wish List idea posts here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.