[RESOLVED] Images Won't Upload / 'Resource Generation Timeout Exception' Message

• 19 October 2020
  • 19 replies

just experiencing problem with the miro (web or app) , I can’’t add any picture by copy paste the image, or via google search or iconfinder. It is just loading and stuck. I tried using different account with different laptop still have the same problem.

Note Two laptop :

first laptop using windows 10 1909

second laptop using windows 10 2004.

Marina 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the incident. It has been successfully fixed, and everything is back up and running. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Could you please check and confirm that you can upload the files now?

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

19 replies

Starting today.  I cannot load any icons to my boards (or seldom can with a long wait) .  This is the same for doing it on Chrome Or using the Miro app on a Mac.   It also does not matter whether it is an icon I am uploading or one selected from Azure Icon Set. 

I frequently get the following error. 

Resource Generation Exception Timeout

I have tried on two different machines as well.

This also happens when using Icon finder and Google Images

I have the same problem.

Yes, me too. Hopefully someone is fixing this as we speak!

The same. My online lessons ruined. 

Same here. My today’s work ruined :(

I’m still struggling with a huge problems with IconFinder app. I got the icon in one request from 10 and each time it takes even more than a minute the icon to be included in board. This is very important app for me. In 90% cases I got some Resource saving problem notification.

Any actual view on when this could be solved?

THX

175K jpg file. 2 min already

Userlevel 5

Same, I’ve opened a ticket with IT with the issue, hope they fix it soon :)

Hi,

I now can’t upload images to my Miro board. 

I’ve ...

Restarted everything

Used app and web on chrome

Tried various small sized/low file size jpegs and pngs (v experienced designer)

It starts to load then half way round the loading animation it disappears.

Was working fine last week.

Any ideas? Is there a support email, I can’t find anything. 

Thanks,

Christian

Userlevel 5

Hey Christian, it seems to be the issue for all of us, it’s already reported.

I’ve been having issues with uploading images as well. Even though the image is only about 500x500, it takes minutes for an image to upload, and sometimes it times out. It’s not my internet either, I’ve got a good stable connection and can send the same images instantly to other people without any kind of upload delay. Often times, I can’t even get the image to upload, and the upload will just fail, which makes things really hard because I’m pasting directly from my clipboard after taking screenshots, and it isn’t easy going back and taking those screenshots again. I’m glad I haven’t paid any money for this application, because this right here is the deal-breaker. PLEASE fix this issue, it makes life very difficult for me when I’m taking notes in class.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Miro has acknowledged this issue and posted on their Status page - I suggest that you all use the SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATES button:

https://status.miro.com/incidents/b7s3l4ys7fqq

@Martina Crnkovic  how did you open a ticket?  Would like to know how to do that for future issues. 

I have been using Miro and generated a presentation - Suddenly its not letting me up load images - gets half way and stops and comes up with a yellow exclamation mark and a 'Resource Generation Timeout Exception' message. Ive tried various images. Both on App and Internet - its not working…. Anyone have any idea why ?

Hey Christian, it seems to be the issue for all of us, it’s already reported.

That’s a relief, thanks :-)

Userlevel 5

@Martina Crnkovic  how did you open a ticket?  Would like to know how to do that for future issues. 

Hi Daniel,

I used this link: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=community

I am trying to upload simple images (not too big) to my board - but its either failing or it takes forever.

When upload fails this message prompts: resource generation timeout exception.

Any Ideas?

Thx,

checker

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by the incident. It has been successfully fixed, and everything is back up and running. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Could you please check and confirm that you can upload the files now?