[RESOLVED] Frames button is missing for guests of the board

Userlevel 1

I created a new board and as the owner I have the Frames button in my toolbar, but a guest I invited to the board is missing this button.

I know that other miro boards I am a guest on, I have this button.  Is there something I need to set to allow guests to create frames?

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

Miro Support have emailed me back and said this issue is now fixed

Thanks for the update, @Brynn! I am seeing this too on the test board you shared with me:

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brynn - If this the button you are referring to?

Have your guests used the right arrows/chevrons to expand the apps panel?

If it is still not there, exactly how are these users accessing the board? Did you use the Guests feature to add registered Miro users to the board? Or are they accessing the board as Visitors, with no Miro account?

If they are visitors, have you tested this yourself by opening the board in an incognito browser window?

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson 
Hey, thanks for the response.  

Yes that is the button.  The guests are just joining from the shared link to the board.  Guests have edit permissions (Anyone with the link can edit).  I tested it out in an incognito window and this is what I get:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brynn - Thanks for sharing the screenshots - I have never seen this before.

Can you create a frame by pressing the F key?

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson 

That works!  Very odd, but yes, pressing F works for my guest and for me in Incognito.  It still doesn’t show up in the toolbar, but at least they can make frames now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brynn - I have opened a support ticket from your post - you should receive an email notification. I would suggest that you reply to the email and include a link to a board in “Anyone with the link”/Visitors access, so the support team can investigate.

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson 
Thanks for the help.  I created a new board and it still has the same issue testing it using incognito mode.  It’s just a blank board, guests have edit permissions and there is no password.  I’ve replied to the email to include the link,

I have the same problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brynn - Has the support team responded to you yet?

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson 
The support team has replied.  They said they have reproduced it and passed it on to the Dev team.  I’ll keep this thread updated.

@Robert Johnson@Brynn 
so, I think I've found a way to solve the problem
it is necessary to change the size (scale) of the browser page

If you set 90%, then the "frame" button is visible. It can be moved higher and put 100 again%

If you set 90%, then the "frame" button is visible. It can be moved higher and put 100 again%

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the update, @Brynn! I am seeing this too on the test board you shared with me: