[RESOLVED] Cannot add some Templates to a board

Not sure if others are experiencing this, but when I go to use a template I’ve chosen, nothing appears. I’ve tried different browsers, different computers, accepted cookies, etc. but to no avail. 

Alyona 1 year ago

Hi @Krystle, @Rob Grisdale, @Nika Levikov, @Robert Johnson, @Kiron Bondale, @msitar,

The fix for this bug was just released. Please make sure to refresh the page with any open board if you're going to add a template to it. Let us know if you'll still observe some issues with adding templates! 

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Krystle -

Does this happen with multiple templates and different boards or just a specific template with one specific board?

Are you able to post a Loom video (or something similar) to demonstrate the steps you are taking?

Kiron

@kiron

Sorry, should have clarified-- specific templates. The one I keep trying to load is “Timeline” by Miroboard. If you search timeline it’s the third one in the first row (unless the order shows up differently for users). I simply clicl “use” and my board stays blank. I’ve tried zooming in and out to see if I’m just missing it somewhere, but I don’t believe it loads. 

I’m getting the same problem here. See screen shots attached @Miro Support Team. Basically once Timeline is selected (tried pre-filled and blank) nothing appears on the board

and there’s no feedback / error message. I’ve tried logging in and out. Other templates seem to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Krystle and @Rob Grisdale -

Since it is isolated to a specific template, I’d suggest opening a Miro support request to have their team looking into it. You can do that here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

I have the same exact problem! @Krystle and @Rob Grisdale let me know if you hear bac. I will also contact them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Krystle / @Rob Grisdale / @Nika Levikov - As a workaround to use the template, you should be able to:

1. Use the Preview action when hovering over the template
  2. Open the template/board directly by clicking on on the board title:
  3. Once the board it open, click on the board name again (top-left) and use the Duplicate action.

This will create an entirely new board, but you could copy-paste the template to another board.

Once caveat: This will give you the pre-filled version of the template.

I will also submit a support ticket and update this post as I hear back from the support team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #1 from Miro support:

I'm afraid that currently, there's a bug on our end that causes this behavior. The good news is that the team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix for it. We're bringing our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience it causes! 

This worked for me thanks @Robert Johnson! Solved the problem for now but of course hope Miro fix this so other people don’t hit the same issue.

@Krystle / @Rob Grisdale / @Nika Levikov - As a workaround to use the template, you should be able to:

1. Use the Preview action when hovering over the template
  2. Open the template/board directly by clicking on on the board title:
  3. Once the board it open, click on the board name again (top-left) and use the Duplicate action.

This will create an entirely new board, but you could copy-paste the template to another board.

Once caveat: This will give you the pre-filled version of the template.

I will also submit a support ticket and update this post as I hear back from the support team.

My colleague and I both just tried to use the Swim Lane Diagram template on board. The template doesn’t get added to the board -- instead, the Diagramming tools panel opens in the board. This happened when trying to create a new board with the template and when trying to add the template to a board that was already created. It also happened both in the web application and in the Mac OS standalone app.

We were able to successfully at the diagram to the board by going out to the Templates on the Miro website and clicking Use template from there.

https://miro.com/templates/swimlanes-diagram/

But it would be great if it were possible to add it from directly within the application again. I couldn’t figure out another way to report this bug more directly.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@msitar - I merged your post with this existing one as they appear to be related.

Until the issue is resolved, the workaround is above (to create a new board from the template and then copy-paste the template to an existing board).

Here is a direct link to the Swimlane Diagram template → https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lsqoKV4=/

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Krystle, @Rob Grisdale, @Nika Levikov, @Robert Johnson, @Kiron Bondale, @msitar,

The fix for this bug was just released. Please make sure to refresh the page with any open board if you're going to add a template to it. Let us know if you'll still observe some issues with adding templates! 

That’s great. Thanks for the quick responses everyone and the support! 

I’m having this exact problem. I tried to add a template to a new Miro board and nothing happens. I tried creating it from a preview and by just adding it to a board and I get nothing. 

I tried using Chrome browser and using the Miro app on my mac and nothing :( Its a custom template I created. Do I need to log something? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Joanne Perold,

We don't have an open bug for the issue you're describing, so I'm going to convert your report into a ticket and will follow up with you there shortly to request additional information. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

+1

I have also experienced this problem recently (perhaps the fixed bug is now unfixed!?).

Select a custom shared template. Click ‘use’ and… nothing appears.

I have to resort to editing the template, selecting all, copy / ctrl-c, then paste into my board.