[RESOLVED] Boards keep freezing (iPad, iPhone - iOS)

• 14 December 2021
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 1

I use Miro 10 hours/day for my role leading Design Thinking at Bose. Today, the majority of my boards are freezing when I zoom in to the point where I need to quit the app and rejoin. I use the Miro iPad app exclusively and have never had this issue before. It seems to be happening more often or sooner on some boards than others, but it’s a fairly consistent problem overall. Anyone else having this issue? 

Arno Gramatke 2 years ago

The Miro team reverted the app. After fully closing the iPad app (swiping it to the top of the screen) and reopening it, I can now work with my boards again.

View original

28 replies

I have the same problem today. It’s connected with jpg files, I suppose.

If the board doesn’t contain such type of files, so it’s not freezing

Userlevel 2

The same problem 

I can’t download anything on boards, they simply don’t work. It’s trying to download for a few seconds and then it stops and doesn’t work at all. No idea what to do. And it’s only on iPad and phones. It works only on laptops. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Todd Reily - I have converted this posted into a Miro support ticket - you should receive an email confirmation shortly.

It would be helpful for the rest of us if you could please update this post with what the support team tells you.

Userlevel 2

Miro app on iPad and phone doesn’t work today. And even in browser it doesn’t work. if a board has any images it’s trying to download attached pictures but after a few seconds it breaks down. Does anyone have the same problem. What’s the matter? Help please

Having the same issue. 

I use Miro 10 hours/day for my role leading Design Thinking at Bose. Today, the majority of my boards are freezing when I zoom in to the point where I need to quit the app and rejoin. I use the Miro iPad app exclusively and have never had this issue before. It seems to be happening more often or sooner on some boards than others, but it’s a fairly consistent problem overall. Anyone else having this issue? 

I have the same Problem!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Dasha   I’m sorry, I don’t have answers.

But I just experienced the same thing…. so I can confirm that I just experienced the same on iOS (miro iphone app)… that after a few seconds the scrolling(pan) and zoom stopped working on a board. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have the samo problem and we can’t work :(

Yeah, Miro is freezing today. Just as I open the board (using the app on IPAD pro) it freezes, sometimes with nothing on the screen, sometimes with my work but greyed over.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, I have had a problem using Miro for the entire day. The board just freezes when I open it. The problem occurs when I open it in the app and the browser. Either on Android and iPad. I have tried two different iPads and two different Android phones 😞 All the options work, I can press every icon of the board but images don't load and I can't move my board. I have made a new board and it works fine until I load an image. Then it freezes. Please fix it because we can't work :(

I’m having the same problem! I cannot get any work done because Miro freezes when i zoom in or scroll on any board. Writing with Apple Pencil also “shows up” but disappears as soon as I switch out of pen mode (and doesn’t save either). This has never happened before and actually only started happening around this afternoon (maybe 5 or so hours ago). Please update ASAP, it would be greatly appreciated. I use Miro exclusively on iPad because of the apple pencil function.

Same problem on an iPad 6, the screen freezes when I upload images to the board. It works fine in my laptop, but I use the app on the iPad to teach. I will be very grateful if you are able to solve this bug!

Userlevel 1

Hi, I work as an online tutor and I use Miro board well over 8 hours a day. I use it on my iPad with my Apple Pencil and Apple Keyboard. Well today I can’t get pass opening the board and it freezes and I can’t use it for my classes. I have some students who log in on their iPads and they were having the same issue. Is this just a bug that is being fixed or are we no longer able to use the Miro board with ipad? 

Also while using the pencil the work stays but when I move screen to go to the next page/worksheet all the stuff that I wrote moves with it. It’s very frustrating and making getting through my classes quite difficult.

Userlevel 2

Same for me… it works for few seconds and then freezes. I made a mess on the board because it look like objects are not moving when dragging but when I refresh I see them relocated… 

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am an online tutor and I use Miro on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.  I can confirm that the same problem is occurring on my system as well.

Userlevel 1

I notice that the issue is only on my boards where I already have my pre-made lessons planned out. On a blank board it works fine, but as soon as I enter a board that already has work on it the board instantly freezes.

Userlevel 1

Great observation … I am going to use a blank board for my next tutoring client now.  Thank you!

Userlevel 2

Blank also does not work when you add some graphic to the board. At least in may case. 

Userlevel 1

Ugh you are right! As soon as I began typing on the board it was fine but once I clicked out of the type box the board instantly froze. I hope this is fixed by tomorrow evening as I have quite a few back to back sessions and it just doesn’t flow as smoothly on the computer for me.

Userlevel 2

This is the feedback

Userlevel 1

I am experiencing the same bug here on an iPad. Doesn’t work in the app or Safari. Had to switch to Notability for a class yesterday and for two classes today.

First Miro didn’t catch the bug that vector graphics in the iPad app don’t render correctly when you zoom in. And now this. 😕

Userlevel 1

Maybe someone should remove the POSSIBLE from the title. This is a showstopper for me.

Userlevel 1

I also posted a bug report (372481). Here is the reply:

Hey there, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us and reporting this performance issue! We’re truly sorry you’ve run into it. 

I’m afraid that currently, there’s a bug on our end that causes this behavior. The good news is that the team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix for it. We’re bringing our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience it causes! 

We’ll definitely keep you updated on the progress. Please, bear with us!

Best regards,

Ksenia
Miro

Userlevel 1

The Miro team reverted the app. After fully closing the iPad app (swiping it to the top of the screen) and reopening it, I can now work with my boards again.

Userlevel 2

I’m really grateful for Miro team work! Now app is working (seems much faster😅). Thank you guys🥰