Resize a swimlane

Hi

I’m trying to resize the widths of the sections of my swimlane e.g. person responsible as it’s taking up far too much space.

I’m unable to just reduce the width of that section of the lane. See image, I’ve only included one horizontal lane but would want them to be reduced for all of the lanes. 

Anyone have a suggestion?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ben 22 -

I just did a quick test with a new three lane swimlane diagram, and I was able to resize the column widths. It won’t allow you to just resize the width of one cell, but a full column can be resized. 

Are you able to post a Loom (or similar) video showing what’s not working for you?

Kiron

Hi Kiron

I’m looking to resize the entire column but only pasted in one row due to potential privacy concerns in showing all rows. 

How did you manage to resize the column? Is there something that I may have inadvertently locked to prevent that?

No matter what I do, I never get the normal ← → that you normally get in apps like Excel which allow you to adjust a column width.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ben 22 -

Yes, I just hover over the column divider and get the usual resize icon. You might want to try clearing your browser history & cache and then restart your browser and retry or try using an alternate Miro access method (e.g. desktop app).

I’m using Miro via Google Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop.

Kiron

Thanks

I just went ahead and inserted a new set of swimlanes in the end. 

Is there a way to only increase the width of horizontal swimlanes by dragging their right border to the right? For example, in Microsoft Visio, this is accomplished by holding the Ctrl button while dragging the swimlane border. I have found no combination of Shift, Fn, Control, Option, and Command keys on a Mac to do the same in Miro. Please advise.