Answered

Reset color palette

• 15 August 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi
Can colors be erased or reordered in the shapes color palette?. I have been experimenting with colors and the palette window is getting long and unmanageable
Thanks

icon

Best answer by Marina 21 August 2020, 09:19

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Miguel Villagomez Very interesting. I had never considered this before as I have only added a handful of custom colours in the past. I suspect this use case never was never considered as I too cannot find any option to reset/delete/clear custom colours.

I would suggest posting this as a Wish List item. Including a screenshot would surely highlight the unmanageable scenario you are describing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Miguel Villagomez and @Rob Johnson,

If you want to clear the palette of unused custom colors, just click-and-drag them outside the palette. Please note that the 16 default colors cannot be removed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow @Marina - that IS a pretty logical action and after searching I can see it is mentioned here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572374-Colors-on-the-Board 

Thanks!

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Thanks Marina and Kiron

Hi @Miguel Villagomez and @Rob Johnson,

If you want to clear the palette of unused custom colors, just click-and-drag them outside the palette. Please note that the 16 default colors cannot be removed. 

I seemed to reach the max as it wouldnt let me add any more, so I removed the ones I didnt need but it still wont let me add any more. When I click the plus icon, it just jumps to the color it was. Is this a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Zenzola - It could be, however I just demonstrated this to someone yesterday by removing all custom colors and then adding a new one. I just tried this again and it is working fine for me. I am using the latest Chrome browser on Windows 10. I would suggest re-launching your browser/Miro desktop/whichever application you are using to access Miro and try again.

@Zenzola - It could be, however I just demonstrated this to someone yesterday by removing all custom colors and then adding a new one. I just tried this again and it is working fine for me. I am using the latest Chrome browser on Windows 10. I would suggest re-launching your browser/Miro desktop/whichever application you are using to access Miro and try again.

Thank you! Yes, that fixed it. Maybe a cache issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Brilliant! just what I was looking for.

This community is Awesome!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Now I’d like to be able to rearrange them to have sets for different client’s logo colour schemes.

Go vote up the color pallet wish list item everybody: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/color-palette-management-1358?postid=17977#post17977

Give it a +1 for a keyboard interface so we can do a /clear or something

Give it a +1 for naming colors so we can just type a couple characters to filter and find the color

Give it a +1 to help colorblind people.

Give it a +1 for saving multiple pallets...

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

This is a great mechanic. I love it!