Question

Renaming multiple frames

• 7 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I am working with my students on a Miro board, and I want to create a frame for each student. I want to rename these frames with the student names, is there a way to do this quickly? (30+ students)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Talya Shachar Albocher -

Other than the frames panel which will enable you to rename frames using the “...” menu, there is no faster method of doing so.

If you want to, you could add a wish list topic covering this enhancement following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Talya Shachar Albocher - There is a slightly faster way to rename a frame. If there is still text in the frame’s name, you can double-click it to enter Edit mode - it will also be highlighted, so you can just start typing to overwrite the default name, e.g., Frame 1.

Another way, and this may help you for renaming a bunch of frames for your students, is from the frames panel - just open the panel, triple-click the title (x2 to get into edit, a third click will select the current text) and then type and then triple-click the next frame and repeat.

I ended up having the students rename their own frames. I wish there was a way to take a stickie, for example, and turn it into a frame..