Answered

Recommended number of widgets for optimal board performance?

• 23 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi community,

since some time some of my board have started to load and react to any left/right or zoom in/out actions very slowly, and so are no fun to use.

The Help article is referring to the maximal widget count limit, but how do I see how many widgets my board has? It would be good to know that, let’s say, I am putting too many cards on this particular board, so it’s time to create another board and move some activities there - but need a benchmark recommendation for that.

Thanks in advance

Egor

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 23 December 2020, 18:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Egor Sviridenko -

The easiest way to get a widget count would be to do a Ctrl-A to select all items on the board and then the pop-up toolbar should give you a count of the overall number as well as the breakdown across the different types of widgets.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Two things I like to mention as well:

#1) Locked objects are not including when you select all using Ctrl + A:

#2) If all of the objects are of the same type, e.g., sticky notes, then a count will not appear. The workaround, create at least one other object type and subtract that from the total to get count.

In this example there are 99 sticky notes. When I do a Ctrl + A, there is no count on the selected object context menu. I then add a circle shape and Ctrl + A again and then click on the count to Filter to see the different counts of objects:

Thanks guys.

That helps in the investigations. 4 out of my 5 boards have 1,5k objects (give or take), and perform well. One is 5k objects and takes half a second latency regardless the action. 

Does MIRO team recommend to keep boards under a certain number of items (I thought they said 10k, but I can only imagine the slowness with 10k)?

Egor

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Egor Sviridenko -

How are you accessing Miro? You might find that these “heavier” boards work better with the desktop app than with a web browser. A lot also has to do with the nature of the content - for example, a few large images in a board will impact performance much worse than a lot of sticky notes.

Kiron

Thanks Kiron

using the MIRO app now on my Mac, and thins are indeed much faster!

Egor