Question on Education plan and Team members

• 23 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Last year I added current students as team members to my education plan.  If I delete these “team members”/former students do they lose access to the creative work and boards that they created for the course? I read that they can still view and comment as a non-team member but i imagine they cannot copy the board content as a non-team member?

If this is all true then is there a way to email all team members in bulk to let them know they should copy their work elsewhere as I am about to make them non-team members?

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ash Eliza Smith - Because the Free Plan does not allow for the restoring of Miro board backups (.rtb) files, and because your students may not currently have their own Free Plan team to move their boards to, what you could do is:

1. Go into your team profile settings, permissions, and make sure the Board content settings are set as follows:

2. Ask all students/members to take the following actions for their boards:
    1. Set the Share settings to:
      1. Anyone with the link → Can edit
      2. Sharing Settings → Permissions → Who can copy board content → Anyone with the board access
    2. Copy the links to their boards somewhere, e.g., a Google Doc, MS Word doc, email
      With the above steps taken, the students will later be able to duplicate the boards to another Miro team they belong to, e.g., a Free Plan that they create, which would happen as soon as you delete them from your team (if that was the only team they were a member of).
  3. Delete the members from the team at which point you will become the owner of their boards
  4. Once your students have their own Miro team, they can open the board, click on the board title, and use the Duplicate action.

You can read all about this in the following post to which I recently replied:

https://community.miro.com/peer-support-45/handing-over-a-board-to-a-client-5661?postid=23726#post23726

is there a way to email all team members in bulk to let them know they should copy their work elsewhere as I am about to make them non-team members?

There is no bulk email feature in Miro. You will have to manually email all of the members.

Thank you soooo much for this thorough and excellent response.

Ash