Question about SSO authentication

• 12 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

Currently, we have users who have created their Miro account using their corporate email address "@contoso.ca" and we have other users who have created their Miro account with the alias of their corporate email address "@contoso.com".

Boards have been created by all these users.

If I activate SSO authentication, I think that the users who created their account in ".ca" will keep their boards but I have a doubt about the users in ".com". Will they get their boards back when they log in via SSO with their ".ca" email address when they had created their account with ".com"?

Thansk a lot,

Emilien

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

That’s a great question, @Emilien Galinier, and I can see that our team is already helping you get things settled in the ticker you’ve submitted. Please feel free to address any questions within the existing thread. 👍

In case anyone else runs into a similar case, I’ll leave a quick overview of the situation. The thing is the Miro system recognizes unique users by their email (meaning, a user primary ID & login is their email address), that’s why both domains would need to be added in the SSO settings.

If that’s impossible and the users do not have profiles registered with the correct emails, they can simply change their wrong email addresses to the desired ones prior to SOO enablement.

If the users do have two profiles on the Miro side but only need to use one, then they’ll need to reassign the ownership of the boards to the profiles associated with the correct emails, get invited to all the desired teams, and delete the profiles associated with the wrong emails. This would also need to be done prior to SOO enablement.

After SSO enablement, users won't be able to change their profile settings, but Company admins can reach out to our Support team if they need a user's profile email to be changed in the backend.

Hope this comes in handy!