Q+A Thread: Inactive Teams Deletion

• 10 January 2023
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Community!

Today we sent out an update email to admins of inactive Free and Education plan teams. If you received this email, have any questions, or need help please ask us in this thread–– our team is here and happy to help!

34 replies

@Manouska I’ve also received a 30-day warning yesterday, although I’ve created and used a new board in the allegedly “inactive” team just this month! I clicked the link in the email hoping that my activity will be noted and my boards will not be deleted. I cannot believe that I need to be afraid that my boards will be deleted permanently and irretrievably?! The miro team really needs to look into this cause it’s quite obvious that there is an error either in the notification system or a bug in the statistics regarding which boards/teams are active.

Hi,

I received the email that inactive Team(s) on Miro will be deleted.

I do use the team that was mentioned regularly, so this email worries me.

Can a Miro team member confirm that my boards will not be deleted?

Thank you!

Dear All,

Im a FREE member.

I have 3 boards, I have 1 team and no team members.

I using my boards on a regular basis, is this mean my boards will be deleted? 

Hi @Manouska,

I seem the have the same issue as many in this thread: the team you have e-mailed me about actually has had activity in the last month (March 2023). I double checked the team-name mentioned in your e-mail, and I have also just gone in to check and see that the boards do show that they were modified last week.

Is there any way you can confirm that my team and boards won’t be deleted? (Because the e-mail states that there won’t be any further warning e-mails).

@Manouska @Tibo @Robert Johnson Replying to this thread again to see if there is some response and resolution.

I’m the member of only one team.

I’m the only one in my org receiving the emails about “Inactive Free Team At Risk Of Deletion”.

I actively use Miro and actively use the board that created and add to on a weekly and sometimes daily basis.

I am signed in and using the board. 

How do I prevent losing the board?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Manouska @Tibo @Robert Johnson Replying to this thread again to see if there is some response and resolution.

I’m the member of only one team.

I’m the only one in my org receiving the emails about “Inactive Free Team At Risk Of Deletion”.

I actively use Miro and actively use the board that created and add to on a weekly and sometimes daily basis.

I am signed in and using the board. 

How do I prevent losing the board?

@aiH - A support ticket has been opened on your behalf.

Hello good morning

I just received it in my email but i think it is a mistake because Im not a Miro inactive user, can you please double check my account, please 

I have been using Miro consistently and when I signed into my account today, all my boards have been deleted from my team - I want to know if this was done by MIro by mistake? There's no way to find it in my trash and i have hundreds of hours of work stored in the boards. Are you able to help troubleshoot and recover my boards?

You have deleted three of my boards. This is a real desaster for me. Years of work is lost! Please contact me!