Q+A Thread: Inactive Teams Deletion

• 10 January 2023
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Community!

Today we sent out an update email to admins of inactive Free and Education plan teams. If you received this email, have any questions, or need help please ask us in this thread–– our team is here and happy to help!

34 replies

Hello good morning

I just received it in my email but i think it is a mistake because Im not a Miro inactive user, can you please double check my account, please 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Gabriel Bonini de Faria - The email was to inform you about a team space that is inactive, not your Miro account profile.

Perhaps what has happened is that your Miro account profile is a member of more than one team. Can you please confirm how many team/spaces you can see from your Miro dashboard? For example, my profile is a member of ten teams:

Hello.

i received as well the inactive mail. Can you help me double check pls? I’m new at using Miro, and I’m using it daily.

thanks team!

@Gabriel Bonini de Faria - The email was to inform you about a team space that is inactive, not your Miro account profile.

Perhaps what has happened is that your Miro account profile is a member of more than one team. Can you please confirm how many team/spaces you can see from your Miro dashboard? For example, my profile is a member of ten teams:

Userlevel 1

Hi Still I Didn’t Get The Permission How Can I Get The Permission To Active User For miro 

Hi there, 

I also have no idea why I¨ve recieved the threatening e-mail, as I’m a very regular user and pay my membership fees on time :]

As far as I know, I am a member on only  one team, can you please help??

Thank you, 
Tereza D.

Userlevel 1

Hello

I got this message as well and am a very active user.  I belong to two teams.  One team was just active last week. The other, other we used 10 times almost once a month, in 2022.  I should not have received that email.

Thank you.  Its a great tool and we enjoy using Miro

Hey Community!

I also received an email about an inactive team. Although I use your platform almost every day. I have one person on the team - myself.
Check, please.
I don't want to lose your platform.
My email: **Moderator note: Emails addresses removed to protect user’s privacy. Email addresses can be found in “Team notes” field of moderator control panel**

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you everyone for sharing this information. We've alerted the team responsible and our support team will work with in the next few days to identify the team we've emailed you about. Thanks for your patience and any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused!

Hi Community!

Thank you very much for your help here, it’s very useful. 

So just to be sure: I got this email, but I don’t want to lose the team. It is enough if I create a new board in the team or do some activity there? Will be my team remain in my account?

I use Miro every day and want be sure to don’t lose any of my boards...

Thank you very much for your answer.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Tereza Duchová , @Doug Mitchell , @i.m.maximka, this initiative is only for teams that are part of Free and Education plans, and that have been inactive for some time. If you’re actively using a team, then the e-mail should relate to another team, maybe one you previously created with that e-mail address and haven’t used for some time. In any case, Miro will not delete any team that are part of paid plans.

Can you please compare the name of the team indicated in the e-mail, with the name of the team that you are using in Miro?

Userlevel 2

Hi Community!

Thank you very much for your help here, it’s very useful. 

So just to be sure: I got this email, but I don’t want to lose the team. It is enough if I create a new board in the team or do some activity there? Will be my team remain in my account?

I use Miro every day and want be sure to don’t lose any of my boards...

Thank you very much for your answer.

Hi @KatrinM, no worries, we’re glad that you want to keep using your Miro boards! To keep your team active, simply log in and open any board. Just in case, we’ll send some reminders later on in case the team is inactive - so if you don’t receive those, it means you’re all set!

Userlevel 2

Thank you all for your questions! Please make sure to also consult our FAQ for more information!

Userlevel 1

Hello

Thank you for clarifying. 

Still, I shouldn’t have gotten that email in the first place as we used MIRO monthly (if not more often) in 2022.  We just used it two weeks ago. 

There must be some error in your tracking of our use.  We’re in it all the time.

Thank you

Userlevel 2

@Doug Mitchell can you please compare the name of the team in the email with the name of the team you’re using? You might have created a team a while ago and didn’t use it for a long time, while you are now actively using another team. In that case, the old unused team would be deleted but the active team wouldn’t (the deletion is per team, not per account). This is why it’s important to check the name of the team. Let us know if the name is the same...

Userlevel 1

I think I’ve found the issue.  Thank you.

Hi, we are having the same issue with an email saying it will delete our inactive ‘free team’ but we aren’t aware of any team aside from the one we are using daily (with exactly the same name as the ‘free team’ in the email). The link in the email to follow to our ‘inactive’ team takes us to our regular paid team. We’re concerned that all our data could be deleted.

If there was a free team created at some point which is no longer used, can we find out which user created this so we can investigate to ensure it is definitely separate to our paid team?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@LucindaM - Is it possible that someone recently ugrared the team from a Free Plan to a paid team (e.g., sometime after Miro created the email list and and you are clicking on the link in the email)?

@LucindaM - Is it possible that someone recently ugrared the team from a Free Plan to a paid team (e.g., sometime after Miro created the email list and and you are clicking on the link in the email)?

Hi Robert,

Good suggestion, but we’ve been on a paid plan with this team since mid-2020 so that’s not the case here.

Userlevel 2

@LucindaM thanks for your question. I’ve opened a Support ticket to investigate further. One of our support agents will get back to you shortly!

Hello! I just got this email notification saying I haven’t used my team in over a year. 

I literally just signed up for the account two days ago, and this is the only team and account I have. 

Received a repeated message (the last one) saying that the account was deleted due to inactivity.
Although I use almost every day. Keeping up to date!

Just received a 30-day warning, but I can confirm that I only belong to one team and we use Miro on an almost weekly basis. Regardless, I clicked the link in the email in hopes that my activity will be registered and our boards will not be deleted. Should I expect any sort of confirmation that we’re no longer in danger of losing our boards?

Hi, I received the email “final notice” 30-day notification that my team hasn’t been used but that is untrue. 

I have been actively using and sharing out the board that I’ve been making updates to. 

Can a Miro team member confirm that my team and board will not be deleted? Thank you.

Hi, my board is locked because my account is paused.  I very much would like to use this board. How can it be unlocked?