Problems selecting items with [Shift]+Click

• 15 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello Mironauts,

I have noticed that since yesterday the logic by which elements are selected seemingly changed.

Until yesterday I have used the rectangular selection tool [Shift]+Click to select multiple items. This method would always only select those items that are fully surrounded by the selection frame.

Since yesterday however, this method now selects all items that are surrounded by this selection frame AND everything that is underneath it e.g. background items.

This makes batch selection extremely time consuming, as I have to always deselect multiple background items.

Example:

Before I could select the headline, text and button using [Shift]+Click to draw a rectangle around them. The light blue background was only selected if I drew the selection box around the whole element. When I try the same method now, the background element gets selected as soon as my selection frame touches it.

Best,

Malte

2 replies

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback! Currently, the option to select multiple options is still [Shift]+Click, however now you have the option to deselect the items by case. I understand that this set up may not be ideal for you and will be forwarding your feedback. 

selecting_amd_modufying_objects_in_miro.gifThe good news is that we are improving the way our team receives feature requests and product feedback, to add more visibility and transparency for our users.

Would you please so kind to head over to our  Wish List? You’ll help us collect all the feedback in one place and make sure it is reviewed by our product teams.

Here is a handy guide to get you started on how to navigate the Wish List: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.:bulb:

Thank you for making Miro better!

:star:

Agree with Scope Change - even though the solution adds some flexibility, it also makes UX much worse. Selecting elements is one of the primary action on the board, so making it more complicated is questionable.